Chapter 19

(Major time skip, I figured that everything leading up to Higuchi's arrest was irrelevent for this)

"Bring the notebook here." L ordered.

So this notebook, was the murder weapon the entire time? This is beyond human science. 

L's fingers landed on the notebook, and looked straight ahead.

"So Shinigami do exist?" There was nothing there though?

"Can I see?" He hands the notebook to me, 'Death Note', unbelievable... 

There really was a Shinigami standing there. I pass the notebook to Light, as he asked.

He screamed, really loudly and for quite some time too. It was as if the notebook did something to him, but L didn't think of that.

"Yes, I'm sure seeing a Shinigami would startle anyone."

-Light's POV-

Exactly as planned! I just need to kill Higuchi while holding the notebook, then I'll be the owner again. 

Rem is so easy to fool, but it did save Misa. And thanks to Ryuk, we'll finally be completely cleared. 

I just need to pull this part 4 times... click!

The spare piece of the Death Note, I keep making sure L or Asuki aren't watching. I cut open my finger slightly, and use my blood to write Higuchi's name into it.

23..22...

These were the longest 40 seconds of my life, but eventually he had a heart attack.

Oh L, it will be fun killing you. Now I just need to get his name, Asuki, you will help me.

L reads out one of my decoy rules, "if the person using the note fails to consecutively write names of people to be killed within 13 days of each other, then the user will die."