~ 3 ~

"What is this", Kenji asked, deadpanned. Did his earlier fall damage his brain enough to make him hallucinate?

Yu Yan did not so much as gave him a glance, looking like a proud noble peacock. He was too preoccupied staring at the interior of the Triton; the ship that Captain had just boarded and where he followed. He all but stared at the metal flooring, feeling unaccustomed and missing the feel of wooden tiles.

"General Nyx, what", another dumbfounded person trailed off as he stared at the kid that followed behind the Captain. He wasn't sure whether the kid was male or female with the long black hair that reached his waist. 

When he caught sight of the other's sight, Yu Yan slightly tilted his head and smiled innocently. This was his greatest weapon when he was at the barracks! You have to win the hearts of the men so he could stay in the barracks and train with them. What other strategy can he use other than this tried and tested one?

Sure enough, everyone who saw Yu Yan smile was stunned speechless and unable to recover their hearts. Only a few people who belatedly came into the hangar to see the happening were clamoring, asking and shaking their awestruck comrades what happened. Yet they failed to get a reaction.

Captain Nyx narrowed his eyes. It seems he needed to train his men more in the art of cuteness, otherwise, a bunch of burly men vulnerable to cuteness would just be too catastrophic. Upon getting a hold of himself, the other person who called out saw the dark face of his Captain. He gulped and immediately corrected himself - 

"...Captain."

Looking satisfied, Captain continued in the direction of his cabin, until a booming voice said, "Captain...that kid, don't tell us you had kid behind our backs? And he's already this big!" Teary eyed, the man wobbly said, "Captain, y-you couldn't have, have had a kid back then right?"

The loud man was talking about when Nyx was serving as the General of the Blue Star Empire. Things had gone difficult and complex back then, that the previous General Nyx had decided to take the opportunity of 'dying' along with his men at one of the mining planets the empire had, when they went against their enemy, the Nurdyk people of the previous White Star Empire, who had now been reduced in strength due to population problems. Nyx had discovered the of someone trying to eradicate their existence, conveniently using whole fiasco as a smoke screen to hide their ploy.

Nyx was already fed up by then with the empire's ruling regime, and that last ploy got his bottom-line cracking. He took his loyal men in his biggest warship, and together they formed what was now feared as the Trite Nebula Pirates.

The atmosphere in the hangar plummeted below zero degree Celsius.

Yu Yan did not have to guess that Captain was in a bad mood. He strolled and grabbed Captain's hand in front of the disbelieving eyes of the crew.

"I don't see why Dad's, I mean, Captain's business is any of your concern." 

The tone and the face looked kind but the tongue was vicious! Did the child inherit the Captain's personality but get the mother's facial features? Wait a minute, where was the mother? Was there a certain circumstance that she couldn't come with them, right? Could it be that she has already gone to the afterlife, leaving behind the poor Captain's child to fend for himself? And then Captain only found out recently that the child may have been on the cruiser ship? But why was he there - oh no! Was the child to be sold off? Looking at how pretty his face was, a few of the crew seldom doubted. They had thought it was strange for the Captain to suddenly leave the ship! So this was the reason?! It was a rescue mission?!

Cheeky bratt, Nyx thought, with the edges of his lip curling a bit, as he ignored the agony of his crew and their wild, wild imagination.

Kenji mourned. What happened when he left first? Why wasn't it like this when he was younger and he wanted to join the Trites? Him, along with the other crew members that was composed of Nyx's former men, could only silently watch with hanging mouths as their Captain got dragged away by a kid that was a third of his age!