Kim Ki-bum Hangul: 김기범, Hanja: 金起範

Birth name

Kim Ki-bum

Born

21 August 1987 (age 25)
Seoul, South Korea

Genres

K-pop, dance-pop, R&B

Occupations

Singer, rapper, dancer, actor, model

Instruments

Piano

Years active

2004–present (Acting/modeling)
2005-2008 (Singing; on hiatus)

Labels

SM Entertainment

SM Town, Super Junior

Kim Ki-bum (Hangul: 김기범, Hanja: 金起範) was born on 21 August 1987, sometimes mononymously credited as Kibum. He is a South Korean singer, actor, and a member of K-pop boy band Super Junior. He made his debut in the Korean television drama April Kiss in 2004. Although debuted as an actor, he was initially well known as a singer after his music debut with Super Junior in 2005. Since the release of the group's third studio album "Sorry, Sorry", Kibum did not take part in any of the group's promotional activities except for music video shoots for "Sorry, Sorry" and "It's You", due to acting pursuits.

Kibum was born in Seoul South Korea. He has a younger sister, Kim Saehee, who lives with their mother. One of his cousin is an actor and model, Shin Dong Wook. At the age of ten, he moved to Los Angeles, California, United States where he attended Santa Monica High School. In 2002, he was discovered by a talent agent from South Korea and was recommended to audition for the Starlight Casting System by SM Entertainment. Kibum signed a contract with SM Entertainment and became an official trainee, being trained in areas of singing, acting, dancing, and other performing talents such as hosting and modeling. Although he resided in Seoul at the time, he constantly returned to Los Angeles to visit his family and to attend short school sessions.