"I'm going to surpass you and become a hero despite how villainous my quirk is!" Shinsou yelled. Midoryia paused his walking and chuckled, turning around to face shinsou.

"You're quirk would be useless in the villain side of town, once people figure out how it works it's useless. If anything my quirk is more villainous, I need blood in order to survive" Midoryia laughed. Shinsou was taken aback by his words, his quirk isn't villainous?

Midoryia waved his hand good bye and teleported back to his seat so the next rounds could play out as they should.

Todoroki won the next round meaning Midoryia would have to face off against him next.

As the rounds continued Midoryia pondered to himself.
"So if I'm going against Todoroki. I know 1 thing for sure.
He isn't going to use his fire. I might as well take this to my advantage, even if he did it wouldn't affect me since I can't get injured. I heard rumors about his life, why he has that ugly scar on his face. Though what happened to him is nothing in comparison to what happened to me." Midoryia thought to himself.

Soon all the other rounds finished. Midoryia's round was coming up again. He walked downstairs where he found Todoroki interacting with Endeavor.

"You better beat that Midoryia kid" Endeavor hissed. "Yeah yeah" Todoroki walked away. Midoryia had to play it off as if he heard nothing and continue to walk.

Todoroki stopped onto his platform as did Midoryia.

"IZUKU MIDORYIA VS SHOTO TODOROKI!!!!" Present mic screamed.
Midoryia glared at Todoroki with a devious look. His ice attacks wouldn't work well with someone who could literally fly.

"BEGIN!!!!" Present mic shouted.
Immediately Todoroki sent an ice baragge straight for Midoryia. Midoryia yawned as he turned into dark smoke and went surging at Todoroki.
Todoroki ducked, exactly what Midoryia anticipated.
Midoryia made a sharp turn and swung back at Todoroki like a boomerang. He sent Todoroki forward as Todoroki tried to ice Midoryia.

Midoryia teleported out of the way and turned back into his regular form.

"WOAHHH DID YOU SEE THAT!!" Present mic shouted acting as the hype man of the crowd.

Todoroki glared at Midoryia who was wearing a smug grin.
Todoroki went charging at Midoryia as did Midoryia. Todoroki wasn't anywhere near as fast as Midoryia.

Once Midoryia got into range he swiftly went behind Todoroki and slapped his neck. Todoroki blanked out for a second but refocused and swung his arm around to hit Midoryia.

He ended up hitting Midoryia's shoulder, he made sure to put some ice on it.

Midoryia jumped into the air, going over 20 feet up, he was flying. Midoryia looked down at Todoroki who was wearing a devious grin.
"You must think the ice actually affects my performance. Let me let you in on a little secret Todoroki" Midoryia chuckled as he punched his own shoulder, bruising his hand only for a second.

Todoroki's grin was wiped off with a confused and angry face instead.
"The cold can't bother someone who's naturally cold" Midoryia laughed sending himself flying at Todoroki who was unprepared.

"My ice attacks won't work on him!? How did he just break off the ice without any form of damage to his hand?! He's coming fast what do I do?!" Todoroki panicked to himself.

An idea hit Todoroki that he despises of.
Using his fire.

"...if I don't want Midoryia to be at this school anymore I have to go full strength. I'll have to use my fire" he thought to himself as he raised his left hand.