Chapter~8

Vanessa's Pov

I went downstairs as it was time for dinner. We had arrived here after an hour of driving. Ergo, we reached here the time before lunch. We all had our lunch then we went back to our rooms to rest.

I was doing some work since I went to my room to keep me distracted from my thoughts. They are a real poison.

I shook my head and went to the dining room where all my brothers were.

I took my seat and continue to eat my food without giving anyone my attention.

“I loved you friends! They were amazing” Armano exclaimed from my right.

“That's why they are my friends” I deadpanned.

“ Honestly, I never imagined you having friends but when you introduced them I was shocked” Nicolo stated.

“I would've thought that too if I met me” I agreed. I mean have you met me?

“Who is Sophia?” Lorenzo asked out of nowhere making me stiff, but I answered nonetheless.

“She was the only person in this life that matters to me more than anything. The only light I had in my life. The most precious and only good thing that ever happened to me” I spoke. A little sad smile graced my lips as I remembered my memories with her. How she used to light up my mood just by her laughing. How she would cry if I wasn't near her.

“Is that a smile? Are you smiling? She must be very special if she got you smile even though it's little just by you talking about her!” Armano exclaimed shocked that I smiled a little.

“Had? Where is she?” Vincenzo asked confused as to why I was using past tense.

“She's dead!” I answered and Vincenzo's face had a regretful look because he asked.

“She must be really lucky to have you as her friend” Nicolo said, and I darkly chuckled.

My brothers looked at me confused.

“She wasn't my friend” I said.

“Then? Your girlfriend?” Armano asked.

“She was my daughter” I said as a tear fell from my eye. I got up from the dining table and ran outside the mansion to get some fresh air leaving my shocked brothers.

Dante's Pov (SURPRISE)

I was listening to the conversation my siblings were having with each other.

I looked at Vanessa who was talking about someone named Sophia with so much fondness that even I was jealous.

When I got a call from the social service asking if we wanted to take her under my custody I was on the ninth cloud. We finally had our sister who we have been searching for years. She was finally coming with us.
I thought she would be a fragile, scared and innocent but when she arrived, and I met her I was shocked.
She had turned out to be this confident and amazing girl who had this gracious, dark and powerful aura surrounding her. She held her head high and walked with confidence.

When she wasn't intimated by me, I was curious as no one ever had the guts to look me in the eyes, but she stood her ground as I didn't scare her.

I also lost an argument to her and I had never in my fucking life had ever lost an argument.

She is a carbon copy of our dad.

“She wasn't my friend” Vanessa said, and now I was curious to know who this girl was who holds more important than us, her real brothers.