" Why would she not know us? "

"Perhaps," Tubbo mumbled. "Forgotten."

Eret ran his fingers through his hair and gripped it tightly. " Forgotten? " He asked and laid his back on the chair.

" Forgotten?! " Fundy groaned and harshly stood up, pushing the chair down to the ground with the force of his legs. " Let's just stop lying to ourselves, she could be another traitor- "

Eret looked at him, as much as he wanted to admit that he was hurt, he didn't want to make the situation worse. He endured the pain and looked away. All of a sudden, the wooden material of a chair was heard scraping down on the stone ground before stopping with Niki standing in front of Fundy.

" Fundy, stop it. You're not helping right now. " Niki stood up for both, Eret and Tubbo. Deep inside, she felt the pain of both, Eret and Tubbo, with having to endure the pain of a loved one being accused and one bringing up their past mistake. " I know you were hurt, but you're not the only one. Eret and Tubbo feel the same as you! Stop digging your head in the ground and cooperate, because none of us know what is happening. " 

Fundy was left speechless afterward—no, all of them were. None of which expected Niki to raise her voice even one bit. Not knowing what to answer, Fundy had no choice but to turn around and leave the room with a heavy shut of the door. Eret and Tubbo stared at them in surprise, specially to Niki.

" Excuse me. " Immediately, she walked towards her door and twisted the knob open. Eret tried to stop her when the door was instantly locked right after her enter, leaving him and Tubbo alone in the room, in utter silence.

" This wasn't the right time... " Eret mumbled and pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

___

As soon as Midnight striked, a young teen hugged himself as he takes a step on the outside world. Feeling the grass tickling him on the feet with the cold wind brushing against his warm body. He shivered slightly at the feeling, still not used to the coldness of October, usually it was a lot warmer, but it didn't seem that way for tonight. His hair was immediately pushed back by the wind, squinting his eyes as the harsh air flew through his eyes, making it harder for him to see. With a weather like this, he made a run for it towards the woods, forgetting the warnings of everyone when it came to exploring the forest in an eerie night.

Tubbo could feel the darkness drawing closer to him and pressing down, suffocating him slowly as he stepped carefully through the thick maze of woodland. The densely packed trees loomed high above, but remained still despite the icy breeze that continued to flow around him. The silvery moonlight was slowed to a trickle by the full branches, and Tubbo had to squint, only to see a path of gloom and uncertainty ahead. He recognized a few trees as he walked further, strange, but he had been here many times before to memorize the feeling of every step he takes towards the place.

A few minutes in, he came to a stop as he looks back at the way he came from, but it was barely recognisable as he was already too deep in to the forest and it was already too late to turn back. Tubbo looked back ahead and tried his best in to ignoring the terrifying sounds inside the forest and distance splashes from different water sources. As much as he was afraid, he wanted to find them and tell him about the recent events.

Upon reaching a much clearer space, Tubbo saw the end of the dark woods. Relief washed over his head to toe, finally getting the chance to relax without having to worry about wolves, monsters and all those things inside his head. But he wasn't expecting the sight in front that came to surprise him.

" Wilbur! " Tommy yelled rather angrily as he chased after the taller brunet, whom was paying zero attention to the blonde and continued to walk towards a different path.

" Leave me alone, Tommy. " Wilbur's voice could be hear trailing behind his steps as he deepens inside the largest trees, with no source of light at all.

Tubbo tried to call out for them when he realized that they were gone, his arm fell limp on his side as he sets foot outside the forest.

" Tubbo? "

Turning around, he was surprised to see a figure standing from afar.

" Dream. " He muttered.

A familiar masked man stepped out of the dark, fully revealing himself under the moonshine, letting his mask illuminate the mesmerizing light.

" What are you doing here? " Dream asked, curiousity dripping from the end of his tounge.

" I went to have a talk with Wilbur, " Tubbo explained and glanced at the place they disappeared in to. Before Dream could follow his gaze, he snapped his head back and showed a sheepish smile. " But it appears I was late. "

The blonde chuckled in amusement. " What a surprise, I came here for the same reason. Where could have they gone to now? "

" I don't know. " He responded quietly and looked down, causing an accidental look as he caught a small box sitting beside Dream's feet. " What is that? "

" I suggest you don't touch that, I had planned to dispose of it here. " Dream warned.

Taking his words seriously, Tubbo gulped nervously and retreated his body away from the box. Dream nodded slightly, silently thanking him for following.

" What could've been so important for you to travel all the way here, barefoot? " Not a minute after, Dream pointed out his empty feet and asked about it. Tubbo looked down, his eyes widening in surprise. Now realizing why the grass tickled his feet and the sharp end of rocks pierced him painfully on the way here.

Tubbo glanced at Dream, debating if he should tell him. But he realized that he was one of a few that is searching for Samantha, and not telling him about it wouldn't change much either, as Dream would find it out someway or another.

_____________________

really exciting news.
the romance/drama is coming! and i've been really excited to write it since the very first part of this book. i already had the romance and the beginning-to-the-end all planned out so you better stick around if you'd want to see it! i can promise you that it's worth the wait.

publishing the next chapter tomorrow!