"i've heard that question a lot today, do i look that bad?" asked eunha with a bit joking in her tone.

"you just look a little different today, not in a good way," he replied, "are you sick?"

"no, i'm alright. just a bit under the weather today." she replied.

as he was convinced, donghyuck didn't give a reply. the pair continued to head for the cafeteria in silence, both staring at the floor as they walk.

"donghyuck," called eunha by the entrance of the cafeteria.

donghyuck hummed in response, stopping in his tracks as he looked at the girl.

"are things always this hectic in this school?" asked eunha.

"hectic, as in?" he questioned.

"i've only been here for less than a month. haerin bullied me on my first day, eunjin and raeil threatened me to stay away from you guys, i know someone who were assaulted by haerin, witnessed haerin choking seolhyun early in the morning in front of everyone. is this how people go on with their days here? because to me, this is too much to handle." eunha rambled. her eyes started brimming with tears as she spoke.

"honestly," he started, sighing before he continued, "haerin putting other people in a hard time isn't something unusual for us. she has always been like that. but it doesn't seem like there's anything we can do about it. once you know haerin's background, you'll understand why everyone has been quiet about it, no matter how much they suffer because of her."

"isn't is suffocating for all of you? it always seems like she's always targeting the dreamies." she replied, a tear quickly escaping her eyes.

donghyuck sympathized with her, so he replied, "i'm sorry, eunha. i'm sorry you're dragged into all of this."

"hm? donghyuck? what are you doing here with her? where's your girlfriend? wait-" a voice interrupted from behind and the called instantly rolled his eyes.

"can you step out of other people's business, haerin?" he spoke.

"did you dump seolhyun for eunha? wow pathe-"

"shut up, haerin. stop saying whatever is in your mind just because you can. can you practice thinking before you speak?" donghyuck said, cutting off haerin.

"you know what donghyuck? i'm really curious as to why you dreamies are all very interested in her. in fact, i'm actually curious why you dreamies always associate yourselves with-" she didn't finish her sentence, her expression clearly showed she was pretending to be thinking back of what she was about to say, though both of her audiences knew she wasn't considering anything.

"you're not one of us, so why do you care so much?" donghyuck said. respect and care that were once in his tone while talking to eunha, now were no longer there.

"monsters." she continued her delayed sentence, "why do you always associate yourselves with monsters? like na jinhye. xing weiyun is close to being a monster too. now seo eunha? why do you dreamies like monsters so much?"

"to be fair, let me ask you a question too." donghyuck said, "why are you so obsessed over someone who isn't at all interested in you? you're being pathetic, you know that right?"

"as a matter of fact, he was interested in me." she replied, "and i will make him interested in me again."

"keep dreaming." donghyuck scoffed.