Chapter 14

A/N: Last chapter! The next book will be up in a few hours!

Ahsoka woke up, her lightsabers still in her hands. She put a hand on her forehead and blinked a few times to clear her head. Kriff, she hurt. A lot. Her chest ached from running so much, and she might have broken a few ribs. She had hurt her wrist as well from the force of Vader's blows.

Vader. No, Ahsoka couldn't think about him now. Her head hurt, and she felt such pain it couldn't be put into words.

Vader was Anakin. Her Master had slaughtered so many. Innocent people were dead because of him.

And he had almost killed Ahsoka. And he would have, had it not been for Ezra and whatever he had done.

"Ahsoka?"

It was Ezra. Ahsoka turned around and stood up, disheveled. The person looked like Ezra, but he looked older, and his hair was short. He was taller, and his eyes seemed sadder, and his shoulders were slumped. And he was in stormtrooper armor, probably hiding and trying to blend in for a mission.

"Ezra?" Ahsoka asked, completely dumbfounded. "You look—wait. What happened? Where am I?"

"You were fighting Vader," Ezra said, his voice laced with pain and grief. "Well, I saw you in there. And he was going to—so—so I grabbed you and I, I pulled you out of it." He stuttered.

Ahsoka looked down. "Anakin." She whispered. Anakin had almost killed her. He was going to kill her. But it wasn't Anakin. Anakin was gone. Lost. And she could have done something. She looked at the portal-thing she had come out of. "Morai!" She said. "You're here!" Her bird flew down and she held out her arm, and she landed on it. She hadn't expected her friend to be in that mysterious place. And then she remembered where her friend had come from and realized it made sense that she was there.

"Morai?" Ezra asked.

"She's an old friend," Ahsoka replied. "I owe her my life." She rubbed her beak and turned to Ezra. "And now I owe you that as well." Ezra gave her a small, sad smile, nowhere close to the smile he had seen in the boy the last time they had been together. Aside from Malachor, of course, but he still joked while they were there. He seemed to be the same person, but he seemed sadder and had a great burden on him.

"How did you get here?" Ahsoka asked him. "And where's Kanan?" she would have expected her friend to be with his student.

Ezra looked away from her. "You've missed a lot."

Ahsoka's eyes widened. No. Kanan couldn't be gone. Had he died on Malachor? But Ezra looked so much older. How much time had passed?

They walked around the place, Ezra telling her everything that had happened. About Maul coming back, Kanan going blind, Kanan dying. There problems on Lothal, Thrawn, the attack on Atollon, and his plan to defeat Thrawn.

"This place is ancient," Ahsoka commented. "Like a world between worlds."

"Yeah, it feels like that dream where I met the creature named Dume." Ezra agreed.

"The creature named Dume." Ahsoka pondered. "It appeared after Kanan died? That has to be more than a coincidence."

"I know," Ezra said. "Caleb Dume, a wolf named Dume. What does it mean?" He asked.

"Perhaps Kanan's will is still at work through the wolf," Ahsoka said thoughtfully.

"How could that be?" Ezra asked.

"Well, Kanan is a part of the cosmic force now," Ahsoka replied. She gestured toward an image of a wolf in front of a portal. "There are ways those who have passed on may still guide or influence the living. It's not impossible."