Prologue

A/N: Hello everyone! This is my new story for all you Star Wars peeps, True Colors. I'm thinking there will be 3, maybe 4 books in this series, plus a one-shot book, and an art book. Also, my writing style has changed a lot since I wrote this, so it's a little sloppy. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

Ahsoka looked out onto the graves of the clones. All the clones that were on that ship were dead. Jesse, Ridge, and so many of Rex's brothers were dead because they wanted to kill her and Rex. She and Rex had made graves for all of the clones' bodies that they had found in the crash, and they were going their separate ways. They were fleeing to the Outer Rim, going to separate planets, where they could hide since they were now both fugitives, and assumed dead. They couldn't stay together. It would be too dangerous. It was dangerous enough just to live now, and to see a Togruta and someone who looked like a clone would be suspicious.

Ahsoka looked at the lightsaber in her hand and dropped it on the ground. Her last connection to the Jedi, and Anakin. But Anakin was probably dead anyway, as were most of the Jedi. She let the lightsaber fall from her hand and felt like she was leaving part of herself there.

This lightsaber is your life. Obi-Wan used to say. And she was leaving it here.

Along with her old life. To the galaxy, Ahsoka Tano was dead, and her lightsaber--her life--was proof of it. She had come back and was almost ready to come back into the Order, and almost as soon as she came back, she was cast out again. But this time, it was by the Sith and the newly-founded Empire.

She didn't want to think about how many of the Jedi were dead, and if some had lived if they felt just like her: betrayed, helpless, and tired. Tired of running, tired of needing to stay hidden because of their gifts, tired of lying.

Obi-Wan's message echoed in her head. The Jedi and the Republic have fallen.

But she couldn't think about that right now. She couldn't stay sad, she couldn't stay angry, she couldn't crawl in a hole and cry, or curl up and wait for the newly-founded Empire to find her. She had a more important matter to attend to, something that would change her entire life. For the good, hopefully.

Do not return to the Temple, that time has passed. Of course, it had. Even if she did go to the Temple, no one would be there. It would be useless, and it would be a death sentence.

Trust in the Force. Our future remains uncertain. We will each be challenged, our trust, our faith, our friendships. But we must persevere.

Things were going to be different. Nothing was going to be the same. Things were going to get better over time. Ahsoka had to convince herself that. But right now, she had to hide. But not just for her. And not for Rex, either. She wished he could come with her, but it would be too dangerous. Ahsoka was scared. For so many things. For her, for Rex, and her baby.

Yes, Ahsoka Tano was pregnant. And Rex was the father. We will each be challenged, our trust, our faith, our friendships. But we must persevere. And in time, a new hope will emerge. May the force be with you.

A new hope. That sentence repeated in Ahsoka's mind. A new hope will emerge.

And the last words that she would ever hear from her old friend.

May the Force be with you.