Chapter 12

"You know," Jax commented. "It's been a while since it's been just us."

"Jax, for over ten years, it was just us," Ahsoka replied.

"I know," Jax said with a sigh. "But things are different now."

Ahsoka shut her eyes. She tried not to think about taking Jax with her to Malachor. "Yeah," she agreed.

"You good?" Jax asked.

"I'm still on edge," Ahsoka admitted. "I'm not sure you should come to Malachor with us."

"Ezra's going!" Jax exclaimed. "And I have to go!"

"I know, Jax," Ahsoka said. "But you know me. I don't want you getting hurt."

"What about you?" Jax retorted, crossing his arms.

"I can take care of myself, Jax," Ahsoka said. "But I remember when I was your age. I was barely a Padawan and was sent into battle and watched my entire squadron die!"

Jax flinched.

"And I don't want that to happen to you!"Ahsoka continued.

"Mom," Jax said. "My entire life is dangerous. And you know it. We'll be there for each other. You watch my back and I watch yours. Like it's always been."

"Alright," Ahsoka agreed, smiling.

"So, we've got a few more hours in hyperspace," Jax said, spinning in the co-pilot's seat. "What should we do?"

"Let's practice your combat," Ahsoka said with a smile.

----

The ship jumped out of hyperspace, and Ahsoka and Jax were drenched in sweat.

"We're here," Ahsoka said breathlessly. "Go take a shower and we'll leave."

Jax nodded and walked to the refresher in the ship, and Ahsoka went to another one. She changed back into her clothes and met Jax outside the ship.

"Fulcrum," Captain Antilles greeted her. "And Jackson. Please, follow me. I'll take you to the Senator."

"Thank you, Captain," Ahsoka said formally, following the man into Bail's palace.

"Ahsoka!" Bail exclaimed, a warm smile on his face.

"Hello, Bail," Ahsoka replied, her tone holding the same warmth, just not as loud.

"Hi," Jax said shyly with a small wave. Jax, even after so many years, was nervous around the senator.

"Jax, good to see you," Bail said. "Now, you're probably wondering why I brought you two here."

"Yes, I'm quite curious," Ahsoka said.

"First off, it's been too long," Bail said. "I know how much you and Jax enjoy Alderaan, so I decided you needed a rest. Secondly, I'd like to talk to you." His tone became serious. "About Leia."

Ahsoka arched her eyebrows. "What about her?"

"We cannot discuss it here," Bail said. "Please, come to my office."

So, they followed the senator to his office, the blinds closed and the door shut.

"What I say here cannot leave this room," Bail said sternly.

"What is it?" Ahsoka asked.

"I think Leia is Force-Sensitive," Bail said.

"Why?" Ahsoka said.

"She can sense danger," Bail started. "And she can see what I'm feeling when even Breha can't."

"Can she lift things?" Jax asked.