8- The streets

Derek's P.O.V.

2 weeks later...

I pulled up to the starting line in my 1970's Plymouth Roadrunner

I pulled up to the starting line in my 1970's Plymouth Roadrunner. I was racing some punk ass named, Hugo, tonight. God, I couldn't stand this little puke. I was no doubt going to win this. I revved my engine as the girl walked out getting ready to start this race.

"Ready. Set. Go!" She announced, as Hugo and I took off.

We raced down the street, weaving in and out of traffic. He tried slamming into me, making me take a sharp right so he didn't hit my baby!

I growled as I got back in line, I easily caught back up to him as we took a sharp turn on the road taking us back to the finish line.

He slammed into me, pushing me into the side of the building as he crossed the finish line.

I got out and looked at the damage, "Fucking hell!" I yelled.

The one and only rule with these races is there is absolutely no smashing into the other drivers.

I stormed over to Hugo as people surrounded him. He got his winnings and was gloating.

"Hugo!"

He turned towards me with a shit ass smirk on his face.

"Dude, I'm totally sorry about your car. Hard hit!"

I grabbed him by his collar, "I'm going to  kill you, you fucking prick."

He started laughing as I smashed him into his car.

His men came up to us and so did mine. We all pulled out our guns, aiming them at each other when I heard that voice...

"Hugo, enough!"

The voice I can't get out of my head. The voice that makes me harder than a rock and the voice of the girl I want so badly.

Sofia's P.O.V.

It was Friday night and I was heading to the streets in my 1970's Chevrolet Chevelle

It was Friday night and I was heading to the streets in my 1970's Chevrolet Chevelle. There was an illegal race going on tonight in the outskirts of the city and if I was going to get in with Derek and his gang, I needed to go. I haven't been to one of these races for a long time, so I was going to attract a lot of attention; thanks to who my daddy was.