3: The Part Where My Mother Wakes Up

Meanwhile In The Stirtzingers Home.

       Just moments After the Quakers left, my father turned off the record player, and on their way upstairs to check on me, they turned off all the lights in the house. Starting in the living room, and proceeding to the kitchen. Upstairs has a long drawn out hallway with a gold and brown runner carpet stitched with zig-zag patterns on it. The smell up there is always earthy due to my mother smudging sage nearly every night to keep the bad spirits out. The walls have wood paneling halfway up and wallpaper from there to the ceiling. They proceeded to the end of the hallway, that's where my room currently is. The furthest bedroom from the stairs. The reason behind this is My father believed if their room was at the top of the stairs, I would be protected at all costs should an intruder come in.

As they were walking down the hallway, they heard faint whispers coming from my room. The floor creaked with each step they took trying to be silent as possible. "I can hear you" I grunted in a raspy creepy voice as if I were possessed. I made this voice every time I got scared in hopes I would scare off whoever was there. My parents pretended they didn't hear me and when they reached my door, mother put her ear up against it to see if she could hear anything."You're my best friend, I wanna be loved by you".........." Turn off that music.......you have been a bad girl,  my mommy is gonna put you on a time out." They opened my door and seen me playing with two dolls, one of them has their clothes taken off and held in one hand. I hated those ragged clothes but didn't want my parents to see what I've done to them, so I whipped the dolls behind my back as quick as I could before mother could see what ive done to them. I knew I'd be gettin lashings for such an act.

"Who are you talking to Becky?  My mother asked ."
"No one " Becky Replied.
"It's time for bed, you should have been sleeping hours ago."
"I can't sleep, and it's not fair you guys are still up."
"well It's time for bed sweetheart, goodnight, " my father said as he tucked me back into bed kissing me on the forehead.

My mother placed the dolls on a chair at my bedside and turned off my light before leaving which was the Quakers' indication that we are off to bed. The last light of the house switched off.
After they left my room they walked down the dark hallway to their bedroom leaving their door open just a crack. It's a paranoid thing my father does every night since he was a child. He said when he was a kid, his house got broken into and they went for his room. Luckily he was hiding cause his instincts told him the person walking around downstairs was not part of this family.
My mother gets dressed in her pastel pink nightgown as always and lays in the bed. My father strips down to his white underwear and climbs in bed with her.

The room got so silent, all you could hear was the hot water in the radiator at the corner of the room. Both of them were in their thoughts laying there overthinking the get-together with the Quakers. It was a gathering like nothing they've ever had before. No one has ever entered our house and acted in such a way or was offended by our beliefs and the way we live. Did my parents do something wrong by inviting the wrong people over? or did their privacy get invaded?

Mother turned around and tried to get the attention of my father, "Psssst,...Did we do something wrong tonight? I feel like we've done something horrible" Whispered my mother.
Silence took the room and conversation, a few moments went by before my father blurted out a reply because he didn't really know how to respond.

Without turning around he says, "I feel like the Quakers were just overreacting, I'm sure they will have different thoughts. They have been good people to us in the past, I can't see this changing their mind or making them hate us, maybe they will just distance themselves from us and ....that's their right to do so, I wish them the best in their thoughts,  and hope they can see the light at the other side of the tunnel one day, it's very sad.'
"I don't feel right about this, something tells me I need to cast a protection spell and do a quick cleanse to get rid of whatever demons those people have brought into our home," Said Mrs. Stirtzinger.

My mother was known for practicing spells in our home. She practiced ancient witchcraft to bring us happiness, protection, and wealth my father always thought it was ridiculous but something told him that maybe it was in fact working. It seemed to work thus far and with millions of years' worth of people practicing this to back it, I don't see why we should have disbelief in such acts.

After the grand ritual of filling the house with the scent of Sage and Palo Santo, my mother quickly fell asleep leaving the house silent, you couldn't even hear the creak of movement from the house changing temperatures. They lied in bed so beautifully, like a king and queen on their throne, they couldn't be awoken or bothered by a thing.  The warmth of my father's body calmed my mother in an instant. True love is hard to come by, she knows that he will stick by her side no matter the weather.

After thirty minutes into their deep sleep, a loud bang suddenly woke up mom. "For heaven's sake, what was that?
Dad woke up from the sound of Moms voice.
Dad mumbled, "It was probably just an animal, go back to sleep sweetheart" He tried to calm my mother down by kissing her on the forehead and laying back down to pass out. The thoughts were going through Mom's head still something didn't seem right to her "Are you sure? "

My father got out of bed thinking he knew exactly what to do to calm her nerves. My father isn't exactly a skinny person, he's naturally built like a bull. I know he could defend my family should anything arise in the family premises. "Let me go get something," replied my father.

He went downstairs to the closet and grabbed his signed Yankees baseball bat. He always said he kept that thing in there encase he had to Babe Ruth a munz-watcher to death. I would hate to be the one that gets to kiss the end of that varnished piece of wood with my dad's swing on the other end.

My father quickly ran back upstairs and showed my mother what he grabbed.
" This should help ease your mind," He said holding up the baseball bat. My mother was relieved closing her eyes at the sight of security.

I couldn't tell how long it took them to fall back asleep but I have a feeling they passed out pretty quickly. My mother was already had heavy eyes when she came to check on me. That usually means she's about two seconds from falling asleep with a tea in her hand.

This is where I heard a noise downstairs I'm sure was not my mother nor father. Could it be that The Quakers are back? I didn't hear a car pull up or nothin, only the sound of a crow squawking out back.

**************** AUTHORS NOTE *******************

If you're a mother, you can probably relate to getting woken up in fear that your kids may be in trouble. The same goes for Mrs. Stirtzinger, she loves her daughter despite the attention she needs and outbursts of bad behavior. Shout out to moms out there for being strong and dealing with our crazy asses.

Please don't forget to Vote on this chapter.

Voting will give this book more exposure and more people will have the pleasure of enjoying it.

Feedback is encouraged as I would like to tighten up this story as much as possible before publishing it in paperback.