wilbur

Rainy days

Third-person, written by Shiro

It was pouring outside, the whole sky was a murky grey and the rain was cold and felt like a cold punch. Luckily for Y/N, she was in the library. The thing was, she had no way to get home. She told her parents that she'd stay in the library and then walk home, but of course the weather isn't always accurate. And of course, it had to rain today.

Sulking, Y/N gazed upon the window and saw the murky outside. Cursing to herself about how unprepared she was, Y/N needed to get home. The library was about to close and no way was she gonna try and hide here for the night.

Collecting her strength she looked at the door leading to the exit, ready to run home. But she recognized someone coming in, it was Wilbur. Her classmate, she always thought of him as cute but never got to really speak to him.

Wilbur noticed his classmate and waved to her, "Y/N! How's it going?""

"Not well at all", Y/N said, eyeing the outside again

Wilbur noticed and perked up, "I could help you get home. If you want to, that is!". Nudging his umbrella towards Y/N. Y/N looked at him, grateful for his kindness and replied with, "Dude of course! You're such a lifesaver."

They both walked outside with Wilbur holding his beige colored umbrella over both of them. Shoulder to shoulder, so cold that they were able to see their breaths, they talked about all sorts of things.

Frogs to why the universe was created, although Wilbur talked more about the universe stuff, Y/N just listened as she liked when he talked, a very soothing voice she thought to herself.

Finally reaching Y/N's house, they both looked at eachother, enjoying the nice time they had as Wilbur said, "M'lady, your destination has arrived", doing a little head bow.

Overwhelmed with confidence suddenly, Y/N hugged the tall classmate as a form of gratitude. Wilbur was shocked and flustered at the sudden hug, but he accepted it warmly.

Y/N went into her house and waved Wilbur a goodbye and a warm smile as she saw him walk away. Immediately she went into her room and started jumping around, yelling in excitement. The most cliche thing to ever happened, happened to her out of all people.

Y/N then remembered to take off her jacket that had shielded her (mostly) of the wind. Putting it on the coathanger she saw a piece of paper gently fall down to the floor. She picked it up and saw numbers...not just any numbers though. Flipping the small paper over it said, "Text me! -Wilbur".

Running back to her room, you know what she did? She texted him.