We found a clear area and and I pulled two towels out of my backpack and set them down. I slipped my blouse off and unbuttoned my shorts and shimmed them down.

"Jesus Alice." Ricky spoke suddenly, I looked up to him.

"Oh please," my eyes rolled. "It's not the first time you've seen me in a swim suit."

"Sure I just haven't ever said what I'm-" His voice faded off when his eyes slowly travelled down to my chest.

"Hey," I snapped at him and his eyes met mine again. "Eyes up here lover boy."

I laid back on my towel and readjusted Ricky's sunglasses. He stood above me and pulled his shirt off, his tattoos displayed in the sun.

"I'm immune." I told him and closed my eyes as I basked underneath the sun.

"Sure you are." He snickered and laid down beside me. "Hey uh, you mind helping me with sunscreen?"

I boosted myself up on my elbows and rested his sunglasses in front of the messy bun on top of my head. He held the bottle of sunscreen out to me, I grabbed it from him and sat up.

"You never quit do you?"

"Never," he spoke as I opened the bottle.

Before I could move any further Ricky held a grip on my waist and pulled me on top of his lap.

"Just makin' it easier for you." He shrugged and rested his palms on my thighs. "Y'know it's hard for me to apply without a mirror, I really do need your help." He added with a silly smirk.

"Yeah yeah," I dismissed him and started spreading the sun block on his face.

"View is beautiful huh?" Ricky said and I let my eyes roll.

"You're such a pervert."

"Takes one to know one." He grinned, smartass.

I tucked my fingers underneath his necklace and pulled him closer; planting a light kiss to his lips. I pulled away, his hands moved to my lower back and tried to pull me closer.

"Don't be greedy now," I whispered.

I climbed off his lap and stood to my feet. I let my hair down from my bun and threw Ricky's sunglasses down to him. I headed for the water and dove in once my feet hit the wet sand. The cool water hit my like a ton of bricks, a jolt of goosebumps covered my skin. I came up from the water and pushed my wet hair from my face, a splash alarmed behind me and Ricky came up beside me.

Suddenly a high pitched voice caught our attention, "Oh my God, Alice Avery!" Turning my head I noticed two woman coming our way, I eventually recognized them.

"Teddy? Ronnie?" I questioned as I approached them, they both squealed and opened their arms to me.

I went to high school with Teddy and Ronnie, they were all the rage in senior year. Ronnie was suspended for a week after knocking out a homophobic teacher, the two of them have been together since we were sophomores.

"I haven't seen you since graduation," Teddy said and gave me a warm hug. "What are you doing in Las Vegas?"

"I moved here with Theo about a year ago, what about you two? I thought you guys were heading off to New York after graduation?"

Both Teddy and Ronnie had big plans for the fashion industry. I know they planned to move to NY, Vegas isn't huge in fashion like it is in New York.

"We do live in New York, we bought a condo here in the new year."

My eyes widened, "Well you two did well for yourselves."

"And how about you?" Ronnie asked, "You promised you'd keep in touch and we haven't heard from you in years. We didn't even know you lived in Las Vegas."

"I know I'm sorry, just still adjusting I guess."

I did miss them, Teddy and Ronnie were some of the few people I loved hanging around with. They didn't change much over the years. Teddy's ginger hair was shorter and she appeared much tanner, her green eyes were full with long lashes. Ronnie was who I admired the most, maybe even had a crush on her back then. Her braided hair reached down to her back, the orange bathing suit complimented her dark skin beautifully.

The water motioned forward and I saw Teddy raise her eyebrows. "Now who is this?" She asked, Ricky stood tall next to me.

"Oh this is Ricky, Theo's friend. Ricky this is Teddy and Ronnie, girlfriends from high school." I introduced and they exchanged smiles, Teddy and Ronnie made eyes at each other.

"Just friends," I say loudly. "Boy friend not boyfriend."

"Of course," Ronnie winked with a voice full of sarcasm.

"Anyways, we should catch up!" I said excitedly to change the subject, I know Ricky and I both hated talking about our relationship.

"Yes absolutely, we're having a small party tomorrow night you two should totally join us!"Teddy offered cheerfully, I turned to Ricky.

"I never say no to a party."

"Great!" Teddy clapped her hands together, "I'll text you the time and place."

"Alright we'll see you then," I smiled.

I gave the girls a small hug before they began walking away. Ricky and I walked back up to the shore and I wrung out my hair lightly.

"Alice, one last thing!" Ronnie turned back around to us and grinned, "Dress fancy."

A/N
If anyone has any questions for me in regards to the story or literally anything else you're welcome to ask them!!