Kassidy laughed, shaking her head in amusement, "Yeah, sure."

"I'll keep them busy, go through the doggy door. It'll be quieter." Clem nodded in response and crawled under the doggy door. Kassidy walked over to the rest of the group and sat down next to Kenny, who was drinking.

She told the others that Clem went to go lay down because she was pretty tired. They all waited for Lee to come back to the house. Kassidy hoped that he was okay. The teen had been about to get up to go get Clem until the door opened, revealing Lee and an old man. The brunette ran up to them, throwing her arms around Lee.

"Hey there, kiddo," Lee smiled softly as he hugged her back, patting her head gently.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Kass told him as she let go.

Molly walked up to them, causing Lee to look at her in confusion. "Hey, you made it," she chirped.

"Who's this?" the old man asked.

"Well, I'm guessing you didn't tell him about me. Understandable I guess. I'm the one who beat down on his ass when he tried to jump me back at the river. Who's the fossil?"

"This is Vernon, he's a doctor. He helped me get back here after we got separated," Lee explained. 

Molly stepped closer to Lee, "I think you have something that belongs to me?" she quipped, referring to her weapon.

Lee pulled out her weapon from his pocket and handed it back to her.

Molly put it in her backpack with a nod of thanks, walking over to the living room to continue her search the house. 

Christa came running down the steps in a state of panic. "Lee, thank god you're back!"

"Christa? What's wrong?" Lee asked, worried for what had happened.

"It's Omid. He's gotten worse. Much worse!" Christa cried out, before she looked to notice Vernon.

"We have a man wounded," Lee informed, turning back to look at Vernon.

"Who's this?" Christa asked Lee, brows furrowed in confusion.

"This is Vernon. He's a doctor," Lee informed with a nod of confirmation from the Doctor.

"Oh, thank god!" Christa exclaimed.

"Could you take a look at him?" Lee asked the man.

Christa stepped forward, getting closer to the man's face, "You have to help us!... Please?"

"I'll see what I can do. Take me to him," Vernon said before being led up the stairs to where Omid was. He looked terrible.

"I work better without an audience. I'm sure you have more things of your own to attend to," Vernon said to Lee.

━━━━━━━━━━

Clem ran over to Kass about a half an hour or so later and excitedly told her that she had actually found a boat.

Now Kenny, Ben and Kassidy were working on the boat while the rest of the group were in the house and waiting for news on the boat. Christa was sitting on the couch, Molly was leaning against the wall and Lee was pacing back and forth by the fireplace.

Lee wasn't being all that patient as he waited for Vernon to come down the steps to tell them how Omid was doing.

Vernon finally walked down the steps and made his way back toward Lee.

"How's he doing?" Lee asked Vernon, worry sounding in his voice.

"I did what I could. I managed to clean out the wound, but he's got one hell of an infection. Without antibiotics, he might die," Vernon explained.