TWENTY-THREE

The third task was to navigate a maze grown on the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch. The maze was populated by various obstacles and dangers that each Champion had to overcome.

Primrose put her hands together and rubbed them violently before putting on her gloves. It was cold and snowing, making her shiver and her chest was hurting. She felt like coughing but she held it in, causing her stomach to feel tight.

"Primrose."

She looked beside her and rolled her eyes mentally when she noticed that it was Konstantin. Primrose kept on looking at him, waiting for him to continue what he was going to say.

"I just want to say good luck. And I'm sorry." He said.

Primrose turned away, "Okay."

She honestly didn't want to argue. Though she was still disappointed and felt used, she can't bring herself to be sarcastic at that time.

She wished not to make more enemies.

The Imperius Curse that someone had casted upon her was enough to make her suffer.

And she was honestly tired at that time. She felt like she could sit down and fall asleep anytime and anywhere.

I wanna go home, man.

"All the best, Miss Quinton." Professor Dippet said. Primrose nodded once and walked towards the Quidditch pitch. Everyone was cheering but she didn't have the energy to look at everyone.

She wasn't in a good mood.

Fiore patted her on the shoulder which made her flinched a little bit. Fiore pulled her hand away and apologised, "I'm sorry. I just wanted to say good luck."

Primrose gave her a small smile and it looked obviously forced, "Thank you. You too, Fiore."

Fiore's expression changed to a worried one, "Prim, you're very pale. Are you feeling okay?"

Primrose looked down, "Do I? I'm feeling a bit tired but I'll be fine."

Fiore nodded, "Be careful."

Fiore entered the maze first, leaving Konstantin and Primrose. Konstantin went in next and the last one was Primrose. As she stepped into the maze, the leaves behind her closed and it was dark there.

But somehow everyone could still see in the maze with a little bit of light that shined not too brightly in the maze.

It's fascinating though. Primrose tried to find the light source but there wasn't any. It's amazing—what magic can do.

The champions didn't know how long had it been but it sure felt long enough. Lucky for Primrose, she was wearing her watch. When she glanced at it, she knew that 45 minutes had passed.

So far, she had not met any obstacles yet. Unfortunate for the other two champions, they had been fighting and running away from some obstacles.

Primrose knew because she could hear them from far away.

She suddenly stopped her steps when she heard a loud ruffling behind her. When she turned around, she saw a creature.

Wait, it's a Blast-Ended Skrewt!

As it approached, she could smell the rancid smell of rotten fish.

As it shot fire from its rear, Primrose started to back away and run.

Holy shit.

It made its pursuit towards Primrose, which made her panic. She pulled out her wand, "Incendio!"