TWENTY NINE

~Jason~

The human got into the car with Derek. I had to leave Andrew behind to take care of the park. Our relationship is not still stable. I don't think I can trust him fully... yet,I don't know why,but I can't remove him from being my Beta. He's kind of doing a good job at that. I can't really blame him though. What happened with his Father made our friendship to fall. He's only fault was knowing,or as he said... suspecting that he's Father was planning to overtake the park with the help of rogues and he keeping mute about it.

Caleb,Jasmine and Jordan got into another car  while I stood there watching them. I don't think I can survive been cooped up in the car,so I'm going to go in my wolf form.

I moved towards the bushes and took off my clothes. I tied it to my ankles so I wouldn't loose it and willed myself to shift. It's been long since I did this and Koda is loving it for sure.

I shifted and stood there for a while,looking round. Everything seems clearer now. I don't know how that human guy survives without a wolf. I don't know how I'd be like if I wasn't a werewolf.

I sniffed the grass and sighed,it smells so good. I've missed shifting. I would have done it often,but I haven't been in my right senses since,since she was taken.

Koda growled in my head. I'm really surprised on the level of control my wolf has,but I also know that he's out for blood. No one takes our mate and go scot free. No one.

I moved back to meet the others and found them sitting in the car. I could feel the uneasiness and anxiousness they were emitting in waves. The human looked like he was about to pass out. Can't blame him though, I'm a huge wolf.

'Let's go. Tell the human to lead the way'. I mind linked Caleb and started walking beside them. The cars started and they both set off with me lurking behind them.

*†*

I'm getting angry. Like really really angry. We've been on this journey for the past twenty minutes. TWENTY MINUTES PEOPLE!!!

I know that this human guy said he was a cop and I think cops don't like moving above speed limit,but this is a matter of life and death.

What if we get there and they have taken her to another place? Or what if we get there and they have...they have kille...injured her badly?

I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I can't have and thoughts right now. I huffed in anger and mind linked Caleb.

'Tell this human guy to fucking drive faster. What the fuck!'

Caleb laughed into the link,like a choking life.

'What the fuck is funny?'

He just laughed again and I must say it's making me angry.

'I've been waiting for you to say that from the beginning of the journey' He said amidst laughter.

I huffed and glared at the car that he was in,but I was smiling. He knew me well.

'On a serious note man,I knew you'd be thinking really bad,so I just decided to lighten you up a bit. Take your mind off things,you know' He said. And it was true. At least I wasn't thinking about Kenzie,but about how me and Caleb's friendship had grown rapidly and stronger. He bacame like a second brother to me and I'm really grateful to him for that.

Five minutes later,the human stopped the car and others followed suit. Brain was wise enough to pack at a reasonable distance. They won't be able to smell us from there. Luckily,there were bushes there,so I went there,shifted and came back out.