2/2

Walking out the toilet, Jungkook was so lost in thought, contemplating his options, he didn't notice at first one of his hyungs coming down the hallway.

"Still here?"

Jungkook turned around. It was Yoongi, cup of coffee in hand as he wore his usual poker face.

"Going to your studio or what?"

"Ah, yeah."

Yoongi hummed, nipping at his steaming cup, barely taking a sip as it was still too hot to drink.

"What about hyung?" the younger asked, although he already knew the answer.

"Same. I'm working on this beat right now," he muttered in a low voice, scratching his neck with his free hand. "Almost finished."

"Cool."

"Yeah."

Jungkook noticed that Yoongi kept touching his neck while avoiding eye contact. After all these years of spending so much time together, growing as close as to call each other their second family, the maknae knew that there was something he wanted to say and that he was still figuring out how. His smaller hyung had always been like that, been kind of awkward and a little bit clumsy, when it came to things like asking for favours or advice, or wanting to talk about something in specific. Or when he was simply in need of some company.

Jungkook, always the curious one, looked at him with big eyes and a sweet smile, patiently waiting for him to find his words.

"So, this beat I'm working on... wanna listen to it?" he mumbled nonchalantly, like he didn't really care. But Jungkook knew better and heard it as I'm stuck and I need your help and so a broad smile spread on his lips as he nodded eagerly, soft hair bouncing on top of his head.

"Sure."

The corners of Yoongi's mouth lifted, barely noticeable but very visible to Jungkook, before he continued to walk down the hallway without another word, Jungkook following behind like a big puppy. He felt himself grimace, his knee now hurting with every step. He was glad that his hyung was in front of him, staying oblivious to his pain.

Stepping into Yoongi's studio, Jungkook was hit with his hyung's smell, a mixture of his own scent and the expensive perfume, which he remembered Hoseok gifting him. It was pleasant for his sensitive nose. It smelled musky and like home.

Yoongi immediately sat at his desk to find the audio file, clicking sounds echoing in the silence, while Jungkook walked to the small couch, sitting down with a quiet hiss. He wasn't so sure whether it hurt more to sit or to stand. Actually, he really wanted to lie down instead.

Looking at the back of his hyung's head, his tussled brown hair and his pale nape, Jungkook wondered if he would be able to tell him now. Even if he would be angry at him, even if he would scold him; Yoongi wasn't one to raise his voice and surprisingly, he wasn't that intimidating either.

No, Jimin and Hoseok were the ones he feared the most. The way Jimin lost his temper and the way Hoseok's sunshine-like aura turned icy cold were deeply ingrained in Jungkook's mind, his young and impressionable self back then learning very soon and quick when to stop messing around. Physically, he may overpower all of his hyungs, but that came to nothing when a raised voice or a glare was all it took to make Jungkook cower before them, like a kicked puppy.

"Listen and tell me what you think." Yoongi clicked on the file and the music played out of the speakers, a heavy beat accompanied by slow snaps and the soft melody of a piano.

Yoongi raised the volume, his foot tapping to the rhythm.

Jungkook leaned back and closed his eyes, listening closely.