Chapter 15

The next day I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I groan and pick up my phone. "ISABELLA! WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING LAST NIGHT?" Will's voice shouts through the phone. 

"What are you on about?" I ask, rubbing my eye with my free hand. 

"CLAY LITERALLY COVERED YOUR NECK IN HICKEYS AND YOU DECIDE TO AGREE TO A DATE WITH ANOTHER GUY ON STREAM?" He continues shouting. 

"Will, I'm not actually going to go on the date." I say, ignoring the hickey remark, "You're being dramatic." 

"Well, for your sake, I hope Clay knows you weren't being serious." He says sternly. 

"We literally called last night, it's fine." I say, sitting up in my bed. 

"If you say so." Will says, "Just check Twitter." 

"Okay?" I say confused.

"See you later Bella." He says and hangs up.

I stretch and decide that Will is probably being dramatic, so I get up and go take a shower. After I take a nice long shower, I brush my teeth and dry my hair. I decide to do my make-up for once and curl my hair. Then I put on a cute little outfit and head downstairs to make some breakfast. Pancakes seemed like the best option, so I take all the ingredients and make them from scratch. After I finish making them, I take my plate into the living room and decide to finally take a look at Twitter.

-----

@ MattCatt
     | Can't wait for our irl date @ Day xoxo

50,000 likes     35,000 comments     20,000 retweets

          @dreamwastaken
              | really asking for a miracle at 9 am :/

75,000 likes     50,000 comments     40,000 retweets

                    @ MattCatt
                         | check my latest vod pillock

30,000 likes     10,000 comments      5,000 retweets

-----

Then I see that Clay messaged me and I pray that he didn't take what I said seriously.

-----

Clay <3

uhh Bella?
r u being serious
why didnt u tell me u liked him ?

-----

Fuck. Shit. Fuck. This is bad. This is really bad. 

I immediately call Clay, preparing for yet another argument. 

"Hello?" Clay answers.

"Hi. Umm, just so you know I'm not going to meet with Matt." I say, fiddling with my pancakes using my fork. 

"No, no it's fine Bella. You can date whoever you want." He says. Will was right, I fucked up.

"Clay, don't be like that. The on-" I begin explaining.

"Bella, you don't need to explain yourself to me. I'm not your boyfriend. All I did was leave a few hickeys, nothing serious." 

Hearing him say that hurt. Those 3 days that I spent with him were the biggest eye-opener about my feelings for him, and he's just said that it didn't mean anything so easily. 

"Oh. Okay then." I say monotonously. 

"I need to go Bella." He says and hangs up. 

I purse my lips and immediately lose my appetite so I take my plate back into the kitchen. I set it down and look outside the window, watching the birds fly around, making different shapes in the air.