Prologue

November

Winner of MCC: Day, Wilbur, Nihachu, Ph1LzA

"Who is this Day person?" Dream asks his stream as he looks at the Top Player Leaderboards. He ended in second place 10 points behind the unfamiliar faceless streamer Day. He looks at his chat who is spamming with a range of replies ranging from, "The winner of MCC" to "Parkour Queen".

"I'm going to have to look her up after the stream." He says and his chat blows up with thousands of reactions at the intended future interaction, "I mean she's really good. Is this her first MCC?" 

Chat replies with "second", bringing a smile to Dream's lips. "Interesting. Well, her team won so that's a surprise." 

December

"Alright guys, welcome to another MCC! I'm not going to lie, I've practiced quite a bit, so hopefully, I'll end up as the top player like last MCC, but I'm sure Dream has been practicing too so we shall see. I mean it would be pretty pog for the last MCC of the year." I laugh as I jump around the map, "Anyway, today I'm teamed with GeorgeNotFound, TommyInnit, and CaptainSparklez so I think we have a decent chance at winning. Our main competition is definitely Dream, Technoblade, Fruitberries, and Sapnap, but I'm confident that we will win with ease and finally break Captain's curse. So, I'm going to join the call with my team now, I'll talk to you guys after!"

As I switch over to the call with my team, I feel nerves infiltrate my body. My hands begin shaking slightly and my heart starts racing. A smile dances on my lips as I watch all the other players run around in front of me.

"Hello everyone." I say.

"Hello Day!" I hear George exclaim along with Captain. Tommy suddenly screams loudly and starts repeating "woman" over and over again, eventually making us all burst out into laughter.

"Tommy, I'm not American so you can calm down." I say with a smile on my face.

"Hmm, yeah I guess I'll let it slide this time. But, you better make us win." Tommy says laughing. 

"Yeah, finally break my curse." Captain says with a hint of sadness. 

"Captain, I promise you that we will win today. In fact, I'm so sure of it that if we lose, I will never play MCC again." I say confidently. To be honest, I am not confident at all. Dream's team is OP, they have the top players on their team, hands down. "But I'm going to need everyone to try hard this MCC, even you George." I say, and giggle as I make the remark towards George. He gasps, "I ALWAYS try my hardest!" He fires back, acting offended. I giggle but I know that we need a bit of motivation, to hype us up a bit. 

"I'm serious, George, we need to use our massive brains and try to outsmart as many players as we can in. Especially Dream's team. They're incredibly powerful. We're all incredible players and I'm confident we can win this." I finish and hear everyone start to cheer excitedly. 

As the timer starts counting down I see Dream run up to me. I smirk, he doesn't know it yet but he's screwed. Dream and I have quite the rivalry going on between us now. We're incredibly similar in our skills and we both aren't afraid to showcase them.

"Good luck :)" He types in chat.

"Loser" I reply and run off towards the bridge that is being lowered. I look behind me and see him chasing after me and hitting his fist. I laugh and continue running around, trying to lose him in the crowd. 

The first game has been chosen, Parkour Tag.

After a short while, our team was in the lead because we hadn't lost a single round. The next team we were up against was Dream's. Tommy was sent as the tagger while Dream was sent as theirs. Dream decides to go for Captain as his first target. He gets him fairly quickly which makes me bite my lip anxiously, fears settling in that I may have overestimated our team's abilities to win. He then turns to look at me and I simply jump up and down, taunting him, hoping he'll leave George alone and come after me. He turns to look at George on the other side of the map, then back at me. He has to choose or he'll run out of time.