Chapter 10

I wake up to the sound of my phone chiming. I rub my eyes and look at the notification, seeing it is from Austin. My eyes widen as I read the message.

-----

Austin:

Hey Day, I hope you're good :)
I'm just messaging to see if you would like to participate in Love or Host?

Hi! Are you kidding? I would love to!

Great! Are you free to do it this weekend?

Yes for sure :)
------

I smile and immediately call George to share the news. 

"It's 4 am woman." He whines when he picks up the phone. 

"GEORGE I HAVE A LOVE OR HOST COMING UP!" I say rapidly fast.

"Woah, woah. Calm down and say it slower." He laughs and I take a deep breath.

"Love or host." I say, holding back the excitement.

"Mhm, what about it?" He asks.

"AUSTIN WANTS ME TO DO IT!" I explode with joy. 

"What! That's so good Bella!" He congratulates me between laughs, "Now can I sleep?" 

"Ugh, but Gogy! I'm too hyped to sleep." I whimper, "Play Minecraft with me!" 

"I'm going  back to sleep. It's 4 am and I've finally fixed my sleep schedule." 

"But I'm going to be all alone." I complain. 

"I have an idea." George says and I wait intently for him to announce it, "Play with Clay." At the sound of his name, my breath hitches in my throat. I haven't really spoken to him since our more vulnerable moment, too afraid that it may be awkward between us. 

"Come on Bella, it's been like a week since you've last spoken." George reasons.

"That's normal for us." I reply and George chuckles.

"Yeah before you started speaking daily for over a month." 

I stay silent because he is right. There is no beating around the bush here, it is blatantly obvious that I have been avoiding all interactions with him. 

"Well, why hasn't he tried speaking to me?" I ask him. 

"He has." George simply states and I huff. 

"On multiple occasions." He adds. My mind drifts back to the many excuses I gave that I had to leave the VC whenever I saw that Clay joined.

"Well, it's too late now. He probably hates me." I whimper dramatically.

"He doesn't hate you, stop being dramatic. Just. Talk. To. Him." George instructs me and I decide to listen to him for once.

I leave George alone and click on discord. I check to see if Dream is online and unsurprisingly, he is. I hesitate a minute or two, nerves freezing my body. "Get your shit together." I scold myself and call Clay. 

After a few rings, he answers. "Hello?" His deep voice fills my ears.

"Hi." I say sheepishly.

"Bella?" He asks, confused, "Isn't it like 4 am for you?" 

"How are you?" I ask, ignoring his question. 

"Not bad, you?" 

"Yeah, I'm good." I reply. An awkward silence falls. The very thing I wanted to avoid.