the upside of falling back to you

Seven years ago, Asteria Martin and Ronan Easton ended their four year, rollercoaster of a high school romance. No one knows what exactly happened that night - just Asteria and Ronan. But since then, Asteria's moved on. She has a new boyfriend, friends that had her back, and none of the high school drama following her.

Or so she likes to think. In reality, ever since Ronan shot to superstardom, bits and pieces of her relationship manages to follow her everywhere. Asteria just wishes Ronan could let go, but whatever - he could continue to trap himself inside a relationship from the past, he could continue writing songs and reminiscing the past, but Asteria wouldn't do that.

That is, until Ronan decides to barge right back into her small world, and things go haywire, because with all those loose ends they forgot to tie back up, it was bound that everything was going to unravel from here. 

author's note

author's note

welcome to my first attempt at a romance.

i think this only came to be because of taylor swift's evermore and shawn mendes' wonder being on repeat since they came out. also by the fact that i have way too many scenarios playing my my head.

like always, this is a first draft. unedited. please don't attack me if my grammar is trash.

i'm not sure what else to write in this note except that i hope you enjoy xx 

[written december 2020 - july 2021]
[posted january 2021 - august 2021]

playlist

'tis the damn season | taylor swift 

song for no one | shawn mendes

slower | tate mcrae

1 step forward, 3 steps back | olivia rodrigo

we are never ever getting back together (taylor's version)| taylor swift

extended playlist at external link

if you steal my work, i will eat your hat.