So I left him, for now.

I grunted in frustration as I opened my eyes gradually, taking in my surrounding

I grunted in frustration as I opened my eyes gradually, taking in my surrounding. My eyes widened at the immediate sight of Ezra sleeping like a baby right beside me. He opened his eyes and found my gaze, I panicked and pushed him off the couch. He groaned in frustration holding onto his stomach where it hurt so I got down to help him up.

He burst out laughing as I struggled to help him up. "Why on earth-" he stopped talking and immediately lunged for me cupping my face into his hands as he wiped off something from my nose.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and I frowned. I stood up from him and found myself in front of the mirror in his room. I picked up a fine paper towel and wiped my nose of the blood streaming down from it.

What a time to be alive.

"What's going on Raine?" He asked me.

"It's just a nosebleed, I get them sometimes," I answered Ezra who was leaned on the doorway, staring right at me as if doing that would make him figure out my secrets.

When he didn't look like he believed me, "I'm serious, nothing to worry about."

He only nodded in reply, "I'll make breakfast, you can freshen up."

Ezra stood opposite me in the kitchen as he watched me eat. I furrowed my brows ignoring him knowing that if I didn't, one question would lead to the other and that way, secrets were bound to be spilled.

I grabbed my phone and switched it on to view my messages. I missed one of Gianna's calls from last night. I played the voicemail Aunt Kate left me, frowning as I stared at the time that she sent it.

"Gianna is at the hospital. She's collapsed, we're at the county hospital."

I went straight into panic. Tearing myself out of the chair and heading towards the door, the tears pricked my eyeballs.

"What has happened?" Ezra ran after me, confused.

"My sister, she's collapsed." I yelled and he only nodded without saying a thing.

"Wait here, I'll drive." He asked of me, a wave of guilt washed down my body as I slid down his car, crying.

I should have gone home when she asked me to, I'd have been there. I shouldn't have gone to that party, I should have been home.

The entire drive to the hospital took forever even though Ezra drove as fast as possible. He held onto one of my hands, squeezing them in reassurance every passing minute. I got down from the car and ran into the reception asking where Gianna Parker was.

The nurse directed me to her room and I ran there, Ezra following me from behind. Gianna had an IV infused in her. She turned once the door pulled open and I went to her. She had dried tears smeared on her face.

"What happened, Gianna?" I bent down to the level of the bed and grabbed her free hands.

"I am scared Raine, I don't know what is happening to me?" She cried again.

"What happened, why did you cry?"

"I saw Mom cry, she only cried and didn't say anything to me, is something happening to me?"

"No Gianna, nothing is happening, nothing will happen to you." I assured her before I took a look at her drip bag. My heart rate spiked at the combination of the words and in that moment, I found myself asking if nothing really would happen to Gianna.

So I stepped out the door to look for the only one who had the answer to my question.

Nov 15th

Nov 15th