Chapter 26: Choose

~Time Skip 4 Days Later~

It was a regular day after training, Hinata had stopped by again.

"Neji. M-my dad wants to s-see you." she said. It was very unusual for Hiashi to call Neji twice in one week. When he called him it was either for something very important or for a lecture. But Neji had not done anything wrong so y/n was suspicious of Hiashi's behavior.

"I have to go y/n. See you later." he called. But y/n was still uncomfortable with the situation. Last time she asked Neji what had happened he said nothing. She decided to follow them.

Neji arrived at the Compound.

"Neji! Akua is staying for a year so you must spend time with her. You are her fiancé after all. You're making the Hyugas look bad." Hiashi explained.

"I already have someone." Neji replied.

"You must tell the Uchiha girl soon or you're going to make matters worst. I feel bad too but are you willing to choose her over your own clan!"

Neji rolled his eyes and simply left to his room.
"I'll tell her soon." he mumbled. There was a knock on his door and he opened it.

"Hi Neji! Where have you been the past few days?" Akua asked, inviting herself into his room. She was staying in the room right next to his.

"At a friends place." he said.

"Who friend?" she asked curiously.

"None of your business." he replied.

"But I am your fiancé." she said whiningly. Neji didn't answer to her remark and instead tried to ignore her, hoping that she'd leave. But she didn't. Akua looked around his room, observing it thoroughly. She stopped at a picture of y/n which was framed and sat upon one of his shelves.

"Who's this?"

"Why are you even here?" Neji asked irritated. Akua walked over to him and hugged him.

"Well since I am your fiancé so I wanted to get to know you a bit more." she said seductively. Neji tried to back up but instead she pushed him onto the bed so that she was now on top of him. Someone walked through the door.

Y/N's POV:

I made my way to the Hyuga Compound and was greeted by a guard. Hiashi and Hinata were no where to be found, so I decided to head to Neji's room. As I walked in I see a brown haired girl in a short blue kimono on top of Neji who was blushing deeply. Tears started to swell in my eyes. Anger rose in me as well. I tried to keep my calm and turned away, walking out of the door.

"Wait y/n!" i can hear Neji say, but I ignore him. I can't believe him. He has the AUDACITY to- He grabbed my arm and turned me around. I tried hard to keep my tears back.

"Y/n. It's not what it looks like." he said.

"Well that's not very original." I said shakily. I turned to walk away but he stopped me again.

"Y/n look at me. It's not what you think."

"How can I look at you? You disgust me! You lying cheating bastard!" I said. My breathing was heavy, still trying to hold in my tears.

"I-I'm not cheating!"

"Really? Then who is she?"

"I'm his fiancé. Who are you?" Akua snapped. I let out a laugh.

"It was an arranged marriage." Neji explained. I scoffed.

"How long have you known for?"

"S-since the last time Hiashi called for me." he said with his head down.

"And when were you gonna tell me?!?" anger rose in my voice.

"I was going to tell you eventually it's just everything was going well and-and..."

"Well did you want me to find out like this?" there was so much hurt in my voice.

"Y/n. It was for the clan. The Leaf and the Mist need to solve their problems. As a shinobi of the Hidden Leaf this is my duty. It's my destiny. I was going to tell you."

"Destiny my butt. Did Naruto teach you nothing?!? Not only that but you didn't even mention me to her. Am I a joke to you? You didn't tell me because what? You wanted to play with me a little longer? Did you date me out of pity? *scoff* and you said you'd change the Hyuga." I tried to laugh hoping that my tears don't stream down my face.

"No y/n! I love you not her. I barely know her. But I am changing the Hyuga!"

"By what? You're just abiding by Hiashi's rules and accepting that this is your fate!"

"Well what do you expect? Me to choose you over my clan?!?"

"Yes! Because I'm selfish! Is it wrong for me to want something?!? All my life everything I had was torn away from me! Call me selfish! I don't give a sh** anymore! You could of at least told me sooner! So then I wouldn't have to find out like this! It's like you're not treating our relationship seriously anymore! You promised that you wouldn't leave me alone!" i said now with tears streaming down my face. I ran. I ran far away.

I ran to the top of the Hokage's faces. No one cares anymore. I'm all alone. I'm an idiot to think a murderer like me could find happiness. Is this the world's way of saying that I don't deserve love? First my clan, then Sasuke, and now this! I'm done. Soon I'll be free. I turn away from the village and open my arms. I then let myself fall backwards. Hair blowing. Cool wind. It felt peaceful.