Surviving the Streets

Kokichis pov

We wandered the streets in the middle of the night. The lamplights were on so it wasn't completely dark. It was actually really pretty.

"where are we going to sleep tonight?" natsumi asked.

"Well since we have no money our best course of action would be to sleep on the street" I muttered.

"aww but that's gross" natsumi complained.

"if it's too hard for you my young lady we can always go home"

"no way! I'm running away from home even if it means I have to sleep outside!" natsumi declared grabbing my hand and dragging me to an alleyway.

We were about to lay down and sleep when a group of men showed up.

"Well well well what have we got here?" the man grinned "it looks like a couple of rich kids. Now hand over your valuables before you brats get hurt"

"you will not threaten my young lady like that" I growled.

"oh and what are you going to do about it little boy?" the man taunted.

Without a word I pulled out my sword and beat the crap out of those guys! They ran away like babies.

"that was awesome kokichi" natsumi grinned.

I let out a yawn suddenly feeling very tired "thank you natsumi now let's go to sleep"

We lay down on the floor and fell asleep.