Chapter 31

M.I. Ch31

The first day of travelling was quite uneventful as they were still travelling near the sect. When night came, the group camped near the river that Yifan, Ming Ran and little Xi was familiar with.

Bai Ling was still a bit reluctant to join the formations peak group but she didn't have any other choice as each peak disciples formed their own circles and made their own fire. Little Xi cooked the fresher ingredients they brought and made some broth with vegetables.

The smell of good food covered the campsite making the other disciples look at the formations peak group. Even the advanced disciple glanced at them in curiosity.

Bai Ling couldn't help but swallow while she brought out some dried coarse meat and hard bread that elder Feng gave her.

Little Xi then brought out a few bowls from his pouch and handed them out. When he handed one  to Bai Ling, she was about to refuse when the aroma directly hit her nose. When she realized it, delicious creamy broth was already on her mouth. She hadn't eaten good food for months and eating this food now made her remember her home eating with her dad.

With a good meal the group chatted merrily, even Bai Ling joined the conversation at times. She was already acquainted with Yifan and Ming Ran as they all grew within the sect. However, they usually only see each other during ceremonies when the clans gather together.

As for the others, she barely talked to them these past few months. The only one she'd ever had a conversation was with little Xi.

Fengyue had approached her a few times, but whenever she remembered that Fengyue was elder Qian's disciple she would feel upset and decline her offer of friendship.

Having eaten their food Bai Ling couldn't act haughty like before, when she thought the others were beneath her. Especially after the group defended her. Although she had pride, she still knows how to be thankful.

She would still answer sharply at times, but the group seemed to not be bothered by it as they were already used to her usual cold attitude.

The next day the group continued and this time they met some spirit beasts which the advanced disciple easily defeated. One of them was another flame boar which he disposed with a simple slash.

Another was a two headed jade snake. It was more difficult to fight as it had a surprisingly fast speed. It was able to evade the advanced disciple and attacked one of the artifice peak disciples who hurriedly brought out his low-grade sword. The disciple swung his sword but the snake easily dodged and attacked with its tail causing the disciple to be thrown on a tree with a nasty gash on his arm.

The jade snake then attacked the disciples from the medicine peak aiming specifically at disciple Ling. It happened so fast the advanced disciple was still a few meters away from them.

When the jade snake was about to bite her it suddenly paused for a few breaths allowing the advanced disciple to catch up to it and slice it with his long knife. The jade snake was immediately cut into two.

The advanced disciple looked at the formations group to see one of the kids putting down his hands. He was in front of the other kids all of which had their weapons ready. These kids are actually not bad he thought.

Especially that first one. He can actually already cast a binding spell that fast and no one else even seemed to have noticed.

He then looked at the medicine peak disciples, are you all okay? The five of them nodded.

Attend to the wounded! he then ordered making two of the medicine peak disciples bring out bottles of liquid and powder medicine, along with bandages.