Ch 3

The Next Day...

(Y/n)'s Pov

"Hm" My eyes slowly opened as I sat up in bed but when I didn't hear Law greet me, I started to look around the room. "This isn't my room... where's the stupid doctor?" Looking down I retrieved my stuffed monkey before I slid off the bed and headed in the direction of a door.

Unfortunately for me this door was not the exit and turned out to be a closet filled with men's clothing. "Strange... Law would never wear something like this. Where am I?" Turning away I walked towards the only other closed door in the room. "Come on little monkey~ Let's find out whose house this is~" I took a breath before I opened the door and started to lean out into the hallway.

When I could see the coast was clear I slowly started walking down the hallway as I looked around excepting the doctor to show his ugly face at any moment. As I was about to round a corner I stopped in my tracks when I heard someone snoring loudly from the other side. Peeking my head around the corner I saw something that made me raise my eyebrows.

"It's the red-haired man from the other day... what's he doing here?" Since I didn't see anyone else in the room, I decided that to find out some answers and do so I needed to wake him up. I was only a few inches away from him as my finger reached out towards his cheek but someone grabbed my wrist before I could touch the man. "Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Before I knew it, an arm shot passed me as the person who grabbed my wrist was knocked to the ground. "Fuck! (Y/n) what are you doing up?" My eyes returned to the man as he rubbed his knuckles but I wasn't sure what to say. "Hm... Ah... The doctor isn't here is he?" He shook his head at me as he moved off of the couch and started to walk out of the room.

"No, the bastard isn't here. This is my house and I'm going to protect you from that man. You can go outside if you'd like but first how about some breakfast?" I did miss outside but Law was a very dangerous man, could he really keep me safe from him. "Who are you and why are you helping me?"

"I'm Kidd" He answered my first question but when I didn't get an answer for the second, I left it alone as I followed after him. "It's safe here, right Kidd?" When he stopped walking, I almost bumped into him though when his head turned, I could see he didn't look very happy. "Of course, it's safe! If that man steps foot on my property I'll kill him with my own two hands!" I didn't expect him to start yelling at me for just asking him a question.

"I-I'm s-sorry!" The tears had started again and it wasn't my fault it just always happened ever since Law's put me on the medication. "(Y/n) come on stop crying. I didn't mean to upset you... it's just you're going to be safe here... I promise" When his arms wrapped around me, I froze until he got the hint and removed himself for me. "Let's get you something to eat then you can play outside"

"Okay"

~~~~~~~~~

30 Minutes Later...

Kidd's Pov

"Here you go Kidd" As Killer handed me a cup of coffee my eyes drifted to (Y/n) as she poked her french toast with her fork. "Something wrong (Y/n)? You haven't eaten anything on your plate" Her head titled up as she bit her lip though I recognized the fear in her eyes. "I-I don't have to take anymore medicine, right?"

"No more medicine... though Wire was testing your blood to see what kind of drugs the doctor was giving you... Killer has he finished that task yet?" Just as I asked that the man in question walked into the room but my eyes narrowed at him when I saw the little pill bottle in his hands. "Those better not be for (Y/n), she's not taking any more pills Wire!"