Ch 2

Smoker's Pov

"What exactly are you looking for Kidd?" I was watching the delinquent but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the male was looking for. "Are these all of the missing person reports made within the last year?" My eyes narrowed at him though I quickly replied to his question. "That's all of them"

"Then she was telling the truth... I'm done with these" When Kidd stood up, I blocked the door as my hands gripped his jacket keeping him in place. "Who are you looking for Kidd and you better not lie to me!" I knew the male was a dangerous criminal but I couldn't sleep easy if I just let him go without finding out the reason for his visit. "She said her name was (Y/n)... and I... it's none of your damn business Smoker!"

That name sounded familiar but why would Kidd feel anything towards some random girl? "This girl is missing, do you know her?" If the male was armed, he probably would have stabbed me through the neck at this point though even without a weapon he was dangerous and could kill someone with his bare hands if he wanted to. "No, I don't know her... What do you know about a Dr. Trafalgar Law?"

"The Surgeon of Death? He's not much of a doctor, a couple of years back we put him away for illegal organ trafficking but he only served two years. Where did you hear that name?" When Kidd's eyes widened, I could see he was biting his lip as his hands clenched into fists. "He owns that mental hospital I'm assigned to work at"

"Hm... and this girl you have seen her there with him?"

Kidd's Pov

"I was told by a nurse there that he filed a missing person report for the girl but that turned out to be a lie. Smoker, I need your help. She's in trouble and ever since I stared into her eyes, I can't stop thinking about her. Please... help me" There was something about that girl that made me take interest in her but I couldn't exactly figure out why. "A criminal is asking an officer for assistance, I never expected to hear this from you, Kidd. I'll look into it, go home and get some rest"

~~~~~~~~~

Outside the Station...

"How'd things go Kidd did you find what you were looking for?" I knew Smoker was good at his job but the longer (Y/n) stayed in that hospital the worse she would get. "Inform the others that we have a job tonight" Heat looked at me for a minute before he nodded his head and started to drive back to our home. "What's the target Boss?"

"The hospital... there's a girl I want and no one is going to stand in my way" Sure, I had to worry about Law though how dangerous could the doctor really be? "A girl? If you say so Boss" I'll have to deal with Smoker later but maybe he could find out who exactly she was. "We strike at midnight"

~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s Pov

I had woken up some time ago and found myself within Law's office but thankfully the man didn't force any more pills down my throat. Though he was forcing me to have dinner with him like we did every night. "You need to eat (Y/n)-ya, come on I know it's your favorite~"

"I don't know anything anymore... let me go home" The tears were forming in my eyes as he tried to wipe them away with his thumb. "Don't touch me! I hate you, why can't you go find someone else!?" He always had a slight grin on his face when he was around me but when I said that it dropped as the grip around his plastic knife tightened. "(Y/n)-ya... I love you and no one else. How many times do I need to tell you that before you return my feelings!? I'm sorry (Y/n)-ya I didn't mean to yell at you"

I wasn't about to give this man any kind of reaction as I continued crying into my knees. "Please finish your dinner then I'll take you back to your room for the night" He was growing impatient with me so I started eating since I knew I'd be able to go back to the safety of my room later. "Very good (Y/n)-ya I wouldn't want you getting sick because you stopped eating"