Chapter 90: Evelyn

Wed. 3/18/09 • 1:16 A.M. PST

What... what the hell is going on? Where am I? This definitely is not my room...

It takes a few moments for my eyes to adjust, but the first thing I notice is that it's too bright and immediately clench them shut again. I have a terrible headache, but still squint through the pain to gather my surroundings.

Jena's room? Why am I in here? I lay on the edge of her bed, my body wrapped in a large white towel.

Memories are quick to flood my mind; The bath, the drugs, the high... Did I really bring myself out here to Jena's bed when I was obviously so high I lost time? I wonder how I did that...

I try to sit myself up but give up halfway through because my body just feels so exhausted. I really did a number on myself tonight, didn't I?

Fuck! Is the baby okay? Jena would kill me if anything happened to her! I push past my overwhelming exhaustion to try to climb from the bed but I'm frozen in my tracks when I hear the toilet in Jena's bathroom flush.

What... the... fuck?

Am I hearing things? I know I probably went a little overboard as far as getting high tonight went, but that just seems a little too crazy... I'm not hearing things! No way!

Who the hell is here then? What the hell is going on?

A lot of questions bombard my mind leaving me feeling panicked. How long was I out?

What if Dane texted me? Came here because I didn't respond? Found me passed out, and decided to wait until I was conscious to start his process of ending my life?!

What if Jena tried to call? Showed up for the same reason, found me in the same situation? She'd kick me out, for fucking sure! What the hell would I do then?

I'm freaking the fuck out. I- I don't know what to do! I really fucked up... I really fucking fucked up!

The bathroom door swings open and my jaw practically drops to the floor... "Tyler?" I ask in shock, my brows furrowing together as a new string of questions starts bubbling up to my brain. I don't even know what to ask, the words just tumble out of my mouth with no control as I'm finally able to pull my weak body into a seated position. "W- what are you doing here? I was- I was- ... Does Jena know you're here?"

He stands in the doorway, seemingly startled to see that I am awake and probably flustered at the realization that I only wear a towel. He's quick to respond though, his eyes grows angry as the words escape his lips. "What am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here, Evelyn?" He hisses as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Hayden knows everything; I told her what the hell you did! Hell yeah, I did! What the hell is wrong with you?! That's my fucking daughter in there! I don't give a damn how you feel about yourself to be doing whatever the hell it is you did in that bathroom, but you fucked up the moment you brought my kid into this shit!"

Woah...

I never really took Ty to be the angry kind of guy. I mean, sure, it's supposed to come with his "image" because of the whole rock band thing and all, but remember- I know Jena. We used to talk a lot, and I heard story after story about little Tyler Robson over there. He's a fucking bitch boy, that's all.

It's not even his kid.

"Calm down there, baby daddy. It's really not that big of a deal," I scoff, rolling my eyes despite my deep rooted feeling of guilt for potentially having put the baby in danger just to satisfy my own needs. I risked my life, as well as my friend's around me, to save her...