XX. Welcome to Paradise Part II

Mulai dari awal

Lastly was Jackson who definitely didn’t act quite how she expected. He was way too laid back, and she was beginning to suspect he was a bit of prankster. From the way he would smirk or his eyes flash mischievously she was pretty sure he was plotting some joke or trick. It reminded her of a fox at times, and she had to hide her smile at her imagining him with fox ears and a tail from the manga stories she used to read a lot. He thankfully never caught on, being too busy dishing out biting comebacks or funny insults on his teammates. Although he said he wasn’t Jet Li, she couldn’t help but consider him like that; only instead of being a beast at Kung-Fu he was badass as Comeback-Fu.

And to think, she was going to get to train and hang out with these guys! It was going to be great! Especially since Lennox would be with them, too! That, along with knowing she was going to be with the Autobots, was almost too much for her happiness meter to handle—she felt like she was ready to explode!

She laughed aloud, “Aw, man—I’m so hyped up I’m not even tired! It’s only like seven so I have an hour before I have to stay here. Ugh! What do I do now? I could unpack, I guess… Oh! I know! Teletraan! Send ‘Sides a text!”

The little phone perked up at once and relayed her message as per ordered, chirping excitedly in response to her own excitement. She played with him, rolling him around and poking at him. His happy whirrs and clicks made her realize he really was like a pet, and that he really was happy. He was content that way. And if that was the case, then she would be happy for him, too. He was fine being just the way he was—her little Teletraan. She wouldn’t worry about him anymore.

Sideswipe replied quickly and with the sarcasm she expected. He’d agreed to hang out with her, though, and would be there soon enough. There was also something about a good spot for them to sit, so that was something nice to look forward to. She thanked the little drone and asked if he wanted to come along. He agreed, so she set him onto her shoulder and stepped outside to wait for the silver mech by her door. Just as he said, she didn’t have to wait long, and soon the sound of his wheels rolling along the metal floor reached her ears. She grinned as he came towards her, and, his demeanor obviously better, he grinned back as he lowered his hand down to her, although it faltered for a moment when he spotted Teletraan. The little ‘bot was accepted in the end, and the silver mech went back to grinning.

“I see you’re in a good mood finally,” she teased once she was safely on his shoulder.

He snorted, “I wasn’t in a bad mood.”

“Then what do you call earlier when you stormed off? Looked like a bad mood to me,” she replied, giving him a raised brow. He rolled his optics as he moved down the hall, curving around the corner.

“I was just annoyed. We weren’t training, so I was bored, and you were busy. I hate being bored.”

She hummed, “Or you were jealous.”

“Ha! Please. Me? Jealous? You’ve got to be kidding. You’re lucky I even agreed to hang out with you.”

“Yeah, yeah. Keep rolling, amigo. Where’s this spot by the way? Anything like before?”

“There’s no grass, but you like looking at the stars, right?”

“Yeah,” she grinned goofily, and continued when he gave her an odd look. “Hey—I just like gazing at them and wondering what’s out there, alright?”

“Okay, okay, jeez. I didn’t even say anything. Anyways, I found this place where they didn’t put up any security lights, so it’s a good view. For you, I mean. Our optics can filter out the lights n’ all.”

“Aww, well, thank-you, ‘Sides! You’re actually a sweet guy—er, mech after all!”

He smirked, as if that was obvious, and pulled down another hall just as the sounds of gunfire went off. He wasn’t fazed, but Catherine couldn’t help peering curiously toward the door to the right. It had vibrated in time with the shots and, as they got closer, she realized it was the hanger door to the training room. She hadn’t thought the Autobots would be using it so late at night, but if the soldiers had different shifts, then why not the Cybertronians, too? She wondered who it was, though, and, as if sensing her thoughts—though more likely seeing her intrigue—Sideswipe answered.