Wounded And Chased

"Dude this fucking...sucks" I gasped, letting out a groan as a drop of sweat joins the pool aready forming at the bottom of my chin.
"Stop complaining! I told you if you want to get control of your mind you need to start but strengthening your body" Derek explained standing over me with his arms crossed over his chest.
"Yea well I already have been training at home, and now training after school with you is shredding my core muscles" I huffed letting my arms fall, by body following in suit as it lost it's support.
"Yea well if you weren't so busy trying to avoid Issac all the time I wouldn't have to be so concerned" he shot back.
Pushing my aching body up in to a sitting position I glared at him, and I slid my knees up and rested my forearms on them.
"I'm not avoiding him! I'm just....keeping my distance"
"By avoiding him" he rolled his eyes.
"You know you yell at Scott for not staying away from Allison but when I stay away from Issac all of a sudden there's a problem" I snapped back.
Derek deepened his glare.
"I'm not worried about you killing Issac. It's everyone else I'm concerned about"
I frowned at his jab at me as it hit home.
"Whatever. I'm going home" I huffed standing up and grabbing my jacket off the banister of the crumbling staircase.
Sliding it over my sweaty shoulders I turned on my heel to walk out the door but found myself face to face with Derek, standing in my way.
I groaned and threw my hands up in exasperation.
"Now what? Am I your prisoner or something?"
Suddenly he brought his arm back and swung at me.
My eyes widened and I quickly jumped back, barely avoiding his swing.
"What the hell!" I snarled angrily, ducking quickly as he brought his other hand back.
But moments before his arm outstretched towards me completely he switched it up at slid his foot out, knocking my feet out from under me.
I yelped in suprise, crumbling to the ground.
Looking up I saw him coming down towards me and I quickly rolled to the left, sitting up quickly.
"You almost crushed me!" I growled before lifting my hand and flinging it back causing him to fly back into an already fragile wall.
He grunted and slid down the wall before jumping back up.
I went to flick my wrist back again but he was faster and caught my wrist yanking it high above my head, causing me to step on my tippy toes to prevent me from be held up by my arm.
"Ow!"
I blushed suddenly as my body was now flush against his sweaty one.
"Still too slow" he grunted before roughly letting go of my arm.
I stumbled slightly before taking my wrist into my hand and rubbing it painfully.
"That fucking hurts you asshole" I complained sending him the nastiest look I could muster.
Suddenly his head shot up and he began looking around.
"Derek? What is it?" I frowned.
When he didn't respond I sighed and quickly muttered the hearing spell.
I didn't hear anything for a moment until I heard the sound of 3 different sets of footprints coming up to the house.
My eyes widened and I turned to the window taking a step to look out and see who it was but a firm hand on my bicep stopped me.
"Hide" Derek demanded.
I shot him a incredulous look.
"What? Why it's probably just a couple of hikers" I scoffed going to turn back to the window.
Suddenly Derek was pulling me up to the second floor.
"It's not. It's hunters. More specifically the one that shot me with a magic bullet that only you could have helped me remove. They won't be real pleased with you so do as I tell you and hide. Don't come out no matter what you hear" he ordered firmly pulling me into a worn down closet in one of the bedrooms.
"Derek I can hel-"
"Skye. Just listen to me. Stay here. Do not intervene"
I was immediately taken back by his tone and the fear in his dark brown eyes.
Unable to form words, I just nodded.
He quickly shut the door to the closet as I heard the front door open.
As soon as the door shut my mind raced slightly.
"Skylar stay here"
"But mom-"
"Please Skylar! Don't interven not matter what you hear!"
I blinked rapidly as tears rushed to the corners of my eyes.
I quickly wiped the tears from my face with the back of my hands and took a deep breath before focusing what was happening downstairs.
"Really a dog joke? We're going there, and that's the best you got? If you wanna provoke hum, say something like, 'Too bad your sister bit it before she had her first litter' or 'too bad she howled like a bitch WHEN WE CUT HER IN HALF!"
My eyes flew open and my heart began racing at the hunters taunting.
I knew right away what she said was already enough to get Derek going and I felt anxiety prickly at my skin.
Derek's growls echoed throughout the torn down house and I heard the hunters cock their guns.
There was a bunch of grunting and thuds and it took all of me to get out of the closet but I knew Derek could probably handle them without me getting in his way.
My ears were suddenly filled with the sound of an electric taser of some sort and I heard a large body fall to the ground.
I immediately knew it had been Derek.
Without thinking I quietly opened the door of the closet and crept slowly to the door of the bedroom in hopes to get a better idea of what was going on downstairs.
I heard Derek groan loudly and flinched as another electrical zap was heard.
"Wow. This one grew up in all the right places" the female voice that originally had taunted them laughed.
I could some shuffling and then the woman hummed before yet another zapping sound echoed up the stairs.
I flinched as I heard Derek groan and fall to the ground again.
I clenched my fists and and began to take a few more steps towards the staircase, preparing myself to intervene this time.
Last time someone told me not to help they died. Not again.
"900,000 volts. You never wre good with electricity were you? Or fire?" The woman chuckled.
Taking one last step towards the stairs my eyes landed on a taller woman with shoulder length soft brown hair, her face was thin and intimidating and she wore a proud smirk on her face.
In her hand was a long baton of some sort that was transmitting electricity.
"Which is why I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Well, maybe we could even help each other out. Yes, your sister was severed into pieces and used as bait to try and catch you. Unpleasant, and frankly, a little too Texas Chainsaw Massacre for my taste, but quite true" she began go off a tangent for a moment before she returned to her point, "Now here's the part that might really kick you in the balls. We didn't kill her"
I furrowed my eyebrows at her admission.
Why is she telling him any of this? And why is she talking to him like she knows him?
"You think I'm lying?" The woman scoffed.
"Wouldn't be the first time" Derek breathed heavily, leaning hus body on the glass door separating the room they were in from the staircase.
The woman clicked her tongue and stood up from the arm of the chair she had seated herself on.
"Sweetie... Well, why don't tou just listen to my heart and tell me if I am, okay?" she smiled crouching down infront of Derek.
"Adde me invisibilia" I immediately felt a warm wind envelope me and I knew I had become invisible.
I slowly began to creep down the staircase, still listening to their conversation.
"We... didn't.... kill....your..sister" she spoke slowly, leaning closer to Derek and whispering the last bit right into his ear.
"Do you hear that? There's no blips or uptiks. Just the steady beat if the cold, hard truth" she hummed before standing up and walking away from him slightly.
"Found bite marks on your sister's body, Derek. What do you think did that? A mountain lion? " She laughed closing her baton back up so it fit in her hand.
"Why aren't we helping each other out? You might as well admit what you've been guessing all along, which is, the Alpha killed your sister. And all you have to do is tell us who he is and we'll take care of it for you. Problem solved, everybody goes home happy" she explained.
Derek stayed on his spot on the floor and breathed heavily.
I bit my lip as she examined the look on Derek's face before tilting her head.
"Unless, you dint know who he is either" she concluded with a chuckle.
"Alright fine you don't know who the alpha is. Who is your little witch then? They are the only reason your alive right? Are they here?" She smirked looking around.
My eyes widened and I quickly slipped into the room they were in and kept myself flat to the wall.
Derek glanced at me with a hard glare before quickly bringing his eyes back to the hunter before she caught on but he was too late. The second his gaze went to me she lifted her assault rifle and began shooting bullets in my direction.
Before I could through my hands up to stop them, a bullet embedded itself into my side.
I cried out as my side errupted in pain, sliding down the wall until I landed on the ground.
"Was that a girl I heard? How cute! A little girlfriend of yours?" The hunter laughed as I managed to lift my hand and keep any more bullets from meeting their target.
Suddenly I was lifted from the ground and held bridle style.
I cried out again as my bleeding side pressed against them and I quickly realized it was Derek.
"I told you to stay" he growled running out of the house.
"I cou-couldn't" I gritted my teeth harshly.
"Yes you could have!" He snapped.
"Last time I-I hid, my m-mom died" I whispered before letting my eyes fall back into my head.