- 3 -

leaving

PE went smoothly, he joked around with Toby and Will, did whatever the coach said, tried not to ruin his make-up. He should've brought some to school to fix it. Clay changed back into his school uniform, put on some deodorant and walked with Toby to his next class. While talking, they noticed they had an almost identical schedule. Math was the next one, he didn't complain, he actually enjoyed it since he understood most of it.

George didn't show up to his first period, being to occupied with crying, he missed all the bells. He barely noticed when his second class started, deciding he was already too late and to just stay in the same toilette stall. He unintentionally skipped two periods, it didn't happen often, but it happened. His friends don't know, they barely shared any classes. He didn't even know why they were still with friends with him, there were no benefits. They didn't even notice him half of the time. Did they replace him already? Did they have a group chat where they said to ignore George? Just because it's fun? He decided to skip the third period, too. The tears didn't stop running down his cheeks, his eyes looked worse than before. He thought about just going home. Nobody talked to him for three hours, nobody cared. Should he just leave school?

"Hey, Nick!" Clay greeted his friend. Nick waved at the tall blond and smiled. He was waiting for this class. First of, it was his favorite, and second, Clay had it, too. He really liked Clay. He felt like he'd fit into his friend group so well and he also knew the others would like him too. He fit in so well, he blended in with the group. Talking to him felt as if you'd known him for ages. Clay sat down next to Nick and they chatted until the teacher arrived. "God, I can't wait for you to meet George! You two are basically perfect for each other!" Nick exclaimed. Clay's cheeks turned read because of the words Nick was using but he prayed his blush was saturated enough for him not to notice. "Who's George?" Clay asked. How big is that friend group? "He's my best friend. I actually haven't seen him today, I don't know where he went. But he's really fun to be around," Nick started talking. He went on and on, Clay stopped listening because he zoned out, automatically nodding once in a while. He went back to reality when he heard Nick's phone vibrate.

George was back to sitting on the toilet. He already skipped three classes, should he just skip the fourth one, too? No one saw him anyways. That one guy doesn't even know who George is, he also wouldn't care. He decided to show up to fourth period, knowing Will is in it. He'd definitely tell Nick if George didn't show up to class but to lunch. George also needed an excuse to skip lunch. He got up, grabbed his backbag and went to his fourth period.

George walked with his head down, not really caring if he walked into someone or not. He didn't notice Will right away, Will needed to touch him to get him to look up. He immediately noticed the red, puffy eyes and got worried. "Hey, everything okay?" he asked. George put on a smile and said, "just the usual drugs, you know?" Will nodded knowing it's supposed to be a joke. It didn't really look like he did drugs. George didn't notice Will was starring at him and his movements. He was too deep in thoughts to notice his hands shaking or his eyes tearing up again. All he could think of was going home and never showing up again.

Will didn't know what he should do in this situation so he decided to text Nick.

NICK THE PRICK

uh George looks like he's been crying for hours and jokes about taking drugs (10:43 a.m.)

i don't know what to do (10:43 a.m.)

He didn't have to wait long for an answer, Nick almost always answers instantly. That guy was glued to his phone.

NICK THE PRICK

lemme guess, red, puffy eyes and doesn't notice you? (10.43 a.m.)

he also doesn't react to anything you say? is he shaking? (10:44 a.m.)

yes yes yes and yes (10:44 a.m.)

oh (10:44 a.m.)

I'll handle him while lunch break, don't worry too much, Will (10:44 a.m.)

he's in one of his moods (10:44 a.m.)

"Not again, George," Nick mumbled next to Clay. "What happened?" Clay asked interested. "Just George being George, I guess," Nick said. Clay nodded confused but focused on the teacher. It was none of his business, he didn't even know who George was.

George didn't notice anything that happened around him. The teacher spoke to the students, Will took notes for George, so he knew what they'd done in that lesson. Will even tried to speak to George again, he looked like he was asleep with his eyes open. He didn't flinch when Will poked him with a pen. "Oh, George," he mumbles.

Georges attention was back when he was called by the principal through the speakers. "George Davidson, please come to my office immediately," he said. George closed his eyes for a moment, he felt his cheeks turn red. What did he do? That was bad. The whole school heard. He looked at Will who seemed as confused as him but he pointed to the door. George should go. Will looked down at his phone to text Nick but he'd already done that.

NICK THE PRICK

Will???? (11:05 a.m.)

WILL (11:05 a.m.)

WHAT THE FUCK (11:05 a.m.)

WHAT DID HE DO (11:05 a.m.)

oh my god (11:05 a.m.)

this is bad (11:05 a.m.)

will answer me (11:06 a.m.)

i don't know what's happening (11:06 a.m.)

he didn't talk to me at all (11:06 a.m.)

it's like he was asleep the whole time and now the principal called for him wtfff (11:06 a.m.)

what did he fuck up (11:06 a.m.)

I wish I knew nick (11:07 a.m.)

Nick hit the table with his fist, Clay flinched. "Sorry," he mumbled, "Didn't mean to do that" Nick shook his head. What did George do. What did he fuck up. He wanted to be there with his best friend, but George seemed to drift away from him and the group lately. He became distant and sometimes he thought George had left completely. That day, he didn't see any sign of George, he didn't know where he went and what he did. Was it actually drugs? Was he just joking or was it actually drugs?

George sat down in front of the headmaster's office, his head rested on his hand as he waited. What did he do wrong? "George, you can go in now," the lady behind the shelter said. George nodded and stood up, slowly making his way to the principal. He closed the door behind him and sat down in front of the middle aged men.

"George, I actually thought you were a good student. Turns out, you're the opposite," he began talking. George gulped. "In the morning, someone told me you've been doing drugs? Is that right? You also skipped your first three periods, George. Are you even aware of that? If this happens again, we will inform your father about the situation. This is a serious matter. You will have detention after school today" George nodded. He knew he shouldn't have made that joke. -he would've gotten away with skipped three periods if he hadn't made that stupid joke. "So, George, I will be asking you one question," the headmaster said. George nodded again. "What drug or drugs are you consuming?" "I don't actually," he begins talking, realizing he'd think he'd be lying, "uh it's just Weed, Sir"

——
y'all better stop hating on my man sapnap 😭