Chapter 24- My brother's girl

Start from the beginning

He was going to kill me. 

"Don't worry sweety." he now crooned, smiling down at me widely. 
 "I'm going to call my brother soon. You see, I know exactly what to say to make sure he'll do something very stupid and thoughtless. And there will be nothing you can do to stop it." 

I underestimated him. 
I made a huge mistake, but there was nothing I could do now as I snapped for air I didn't get. 

My vision turned dimmer and dimmer. 

"Shhh," was the last thing I heard as a hand stroked over my head like he was comforting me.

"Sleep now, Y/N. And sweet dreams, because if you wake up, you're life will be hell." 

The darkness took me.

____

Something bright blinded me. 

I tried to blend it out. 
I wanted to go back to the darkness. There was too much pain here. 
I couldn't even say where I hurt. It was everywhere. 

"Miss, can you hear me? Can you open your eyes?" 
The voice pounded through my spinning head, but it was not one I knew. 

The light appeared again. 

"She's regaining consciousness," the voice said. 
A woman I thought.
I tried to turn away from her.
Too much pain. 

There was a sudden jab at my right wrist and then a pressure at my left shoulder. 
I tried to open my eyes, but I felt tired. 

"It's going to be Okay, little monster. You're going to be fine." 

Oppa. 
My brother. 
Namjoon was here. 

Memories flared back and made me suck in a sharp breath. 
Seong-Min. 
Seong -Min did this. 
And Taehyung- Oh my God...

I opened my eyes. 

We were in an ambulance, Namjoon next to me, holding my hand as tears streamed down his face. 
"You're gonna be Okay, Y/N." he cried, partly, I was sure, to reassure himself. 

I wanted to tell him I was okay, even as I winced in pain at the smallest movements. 
But there was something more important. 

I opened my mouth. 
Only a choking sound came out. 
The female voice spoke again and I finally saw the paramedics face. 

"Don't speak yet. It seems you were choked and hurt your vocal cords. We're giving you another sedative which will lesson the pain and make you go to sleep."

No. 
No! 
I shook my head, turning to Namjoon. 

"T-t-taaee." I croaked out, but it sounded so distorted I wasn't sure he understood. 
Namjoon bend down to hear better and I repeated myself. 

I felt the sleepiness seep into my blood. 
No. 
Not yet. 

I grabbed Namjoon's arm, even as it hurt like hell. 
"T-tae!" I croaked and he finally understood. 

"He's fine, Y/N. He'll come to the hospital soon. Don't worry."

I shook my head. 
"N-no. Seong-M-min planned t-this. He w-wants T-tae to f-freak and h-h-urt someone." 

Namjoon's face darkened. 
I was right. 
He must have seen something in Taehyung's expression.
Next to me, Namjoon knew him best.

My brother squeezed his eyes shut, shaking his head. 
When he opened them again, he looked unapologetic even as he lowered his voice so no one would overhear us. 

"I don't know sister. After what he has done to you- I can't... Why should I stop Tae? How will we know Seong-Min wont hurt you again?"

My muscles felt like stone, my thoughts sluggish but I managed to reach my left wrist and pull back the fabric. 

Namjoon followed my eyes. 
He stared at the thing around my wrist in utter disbelieve. 

Then he cursed, loud and colorful. 

"Why? God, why did you do that, Y/N?"

I tried at a smile but failed. 
"B-because I l-love him. I-I-I couldn't l-let him stay-y with em." 

My brother cursed again and looked ready to murder me. 
Ironic if you considered my current situation. 

I'd known that there was no chance in the world they would have ever agreed to my plan, so I hatched it by myself. 
I'd taken the recording watch from my sister's room and worn it all day. 
And it had been worth it to protect it when I was beaten, seeing that it was unharmed. 

"So you knew he would come? You knew he would seek you out tonight?"
Namjoon yelled accusingly, appearing to be close to a mental breakdown. 

I nodded, feeling too tired to answer. 
Yes, I'd known. 

The more I had heard about Seong-Min from Taehyung, the more certain I became that he would notice the digging and snooping around. 
And then he would come after me. 
Because he would choose the weakest link and the one he could hurt the others with most.  

All I needed to do, was give him a chance to confront me alone and let him tell me all his dirty little secrets. And he had. He said it all, and everything was now on the little thing around my wrist.

I'd spent almost every second with Tae or one of the others these past weeks. 
But when I had noticed the shadow outside my window, I'd known. 

Seong-Min was already watching me. 
It was time. 

But I'd underestimated him. 
I didn't think he would knock me out or provoke Tae so soon. 

"T-there iss a c-camera i-in the s-studio as well. Got him. But-" 
It was harder and harder to fight against the drug cursing through my body, taking my pain, but also my consciousness.

"Namjoon!" I breathed, reaching for my brother's hand even as my eyes fell shut. 
"Stop him. P-please stop him or t-this was all f-for nothing. H-he can't become l-like one of t-them." 

I never heard Namjoon's answer as the darkness took me again.