After the man had left Jungkook let out a shaky breath and took his bicycle. He didn't trust himself to ride it though, suddenly feeling not so steady on his feet. So he walked the last few meters to the Big Hit building, his hands on the handle trembling.

As he went his way, the incident was repeating in his mind again and again. Jungkook kept thinking about what he should have done differently, how he could have avoided this. And as he thought, his heart picked up its speed again, drumming out of its usual rhythm. Jungkook was excited in the worst way possible, adrenaline in his veins, heartbeat erratic and breathing unsteady. He was sweating.

He was sweating.

Jungkook finished warming up and joined the others in the middle of their practise room, getting into formation for Idol. He noticed Jimin staring at him and gave him a little smile.

The smaller frowned at him and Jungkook felt like he knew, knew that something happened and knew that the youngest was hiding it. Jungkook felt uneasy. He didn't like lying to his hyungs. Maybe he should tell them.

Just as he wanted to announce his news, Hoseok turned on the music and Idol blasted in his ears. Well... or he could try to dance one of their most exhausting choreographies, Jungkook supposed, and if he couldn't, then he would tell them.

And so he kept quiet and braced himself. And danced.

To the disadvantage of his left knee, the dancing had many moves that included bending his knees. Jungkook felt like the joint in his knee was sore and less flexible, like his movements there were restricted. But it didn't hurt too much. It was bearable. Just very uncomfortable at most. An irritating feeling if anything. Very much so.

Everything went well. Really well. Even the jumping part. Next came the chorus.

"You can't stop me lovin' myself ~"

Jungkook felt hardly any pain.

"Oh oh ooh oh~"

But it didn't feel normal either. He was scared to go all out. He couldn't dance as powerfully as he usually would and that alone let him feel confined in his body. He didn't like it.

"Oh oh ooh oh oh oh~"

A brief but sharp pain took Jungkook by surprise. He sucked in air between his teeth, hissing.

"Oh oh ooh oh~"

Jungkook was so distracted by his left knee that he forgot to switch positions, Taehyung running into him. The second time today, they collided. But this time, Jungkook went tumbling to the floor with a heavy thud.

What a day.

Taehyung was quick to help him up, eyeing him with suspicion.

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook nodded, smiling shyly, somehow embarrassed by his clumsiness. He didn't feel like his playful and cheeky self. Today, he felt like he was fifteen again. Shy and timid. Scared. But he didn't want anyone to ask him if he was okay because he didn't know. He wanted someone to tell him that he was okay, that everything was going to be just fine.

Jungkook's eyes glistened in the light with unshed tears and then they locked with Jimin's, whose frown suddenly deepened.

The small dancer came up to the dazed maknae, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, and looked him in the eyes.

"Hey there," he spoke softly. "You alright?"

Jungkook wanted to cry and tell him then and there. However, he was scared all of a sudden, that he was making it out to be worse than it actually was, that he was a problem they would have to take care of, that he was being weak.