Jungkook could only watch as his left leg got stuck between his bike and the car, the speed of it not enough to knock him over. The driver stepped on the brake when Jungkook was already shoved onto the road, another car dodging him and the person inside staring at him with concern but not stopping regardless.

Jungkook felt no pain, nothing. It was as if all of this was happening not to himself but to someone who looked exactly like him and he was simply watching. His detachment to his surroundings only stopped when another car was coming towards him and the car that had hit him started to move backwards, back into the entrance it had come from. However, Jungkook's bicycle had somehow got stuck and so he was dragged along, hopping on his left leg that was still squished between bike and car.

"Wait wait wait! Stop...!"

Jungkook had one hand on the handle and the other on the engine cover as he was pulled off the road, hopping on one leg in distress and trying not to trip and fall over, all while the reality of the situation began to sink in and his heart started to race.

The car stopped and the driver hurriedly came out, looking at Jungkook with wide eyes. He was an older man with slightly grey hair and round glasses.

"Oh my, a-are you okay? Oh no..." he stammered. "I-I didn't see you. I really didn't see you. Are you hurt?"

Jungkook felt himself suddenly calm down upon seeing the other's panicked state. He felt bad for how shaken the other seemed to be, even when he was the one with his leg still stuck between both their vehicles. But it didn't hurt, weirdly enough. It didn't hurt at all and he was weirdly calm too, and so he reassured him that he was alright, that it was okay.

"No no, I'm fine. I'm fine."

Maybe he was down playing it too much but he hated worrying people. He would much rather not make a scene out of this and deal with it quietly. Really, he just wanted to go and see his hyungs.

The man detached the bicycle from his car from where one of the pedals had got stuck under the bumper. While he set it aside, Jungkook briefly looked at his now freed leg. His pants were a bit dirty but not torn or anything and it still didn't hurt.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook didn't know why but he felt like apologising.

He had no idea whose fault it was. The driver had not looked to his right side. And Jungkook had not stopped upon seeing him come out the entrance and that he was not looking his way. But he had thought he had already seen him and would stop. So they both ended up not reacting at all.

Somehow, Jungkook felt like it was his fault. He found himself checking the car for any damage instead of looking out for his own injuries, like it was only natural, like the car was much more important. The man looked at him in disbelief.

"Don't worry about my car. Should I bring you to the Hospital?"

"No no, it doesn't hurt at all."

"But still..."

"It's okay, really," Jungkook reassured, giving him a smile to show that he was good, athough he felt like crying. Not because it hurt, but apparently, he was a bit shaken after all. "Thank you but no thank you." He really just wanted to leave and go where nobody could see him let down his walls. Be vulnerable. Maybe cry a bit. Let it out.

"Okay, um, if you insist?" The man still didn't seem convinced, now unsure of how to proceed. The kid was fine, his car was fine; even that bike was fine. With everything being "fine", they said their farewells.