•Thirty-Four•

Start from the beginning

“Y/n-”

“Jonathan’s here,” You panted, stumbling towards him. Dio effortlessly pulled you towards him, close to his chest. 

“I told you to leave,” He growled softly.

“We’ve gone over this, I don’t listen to you,” You sighed. Dio looked down at you for a moment before lowering his head and pressed his lips to yours. When he pulled away, your cheeks were flushed and you averted your eyes. “W-what was that for?”

“Good luck,” He whispered, tracing the scar on your lip with his thumb. 

“You’re looking for the wrong kind of luck from me,” You muttered back, pulling away from him as you heard footsteps. 

“What ever do you mean?” Dio mused. “You’re my good luck charm. My mockingbird,”

You glanced back at him with a smirk as you pulled your hood up. Dio suddenly grabbed you and pulled you back into his arms. He stood slightly in front of you as the doors opened wide. Jonathan stood there, a strained, yet ferocious look on his face. 

“I’m back from hell, Dio,” He spat. 

“Still alive, Jojo?” He asked, turning towards him. “I suppose that means you’ve defeated my two knights.” You jumped slightly as three figures dropped behind you. 

“Lord Dio, we await your order to eliminate them!” One hissed. 

“Allow me to scar his flesh with my fangs!” Another growled. 

“Dio!” Jonathan barked. 

“No, this one…” Dio pointed to Jonathan. “This one belongs to me.”

The three figures jumped away as you stepped back from Dio, hand reaching for your side. “Allow me to be frank, Jojo. I didn’t want to have to do this myself. We were raised together under the same roof. I do not delight in turning you into my undead servant. That’s why I left this business to my knights. But, as Y/n has said, I underestimated you. Seeing you alive makes me realize I was too soft of an emperor. Which means I have no misgivings about slaughtering you now!”

“The feeling is mutual. I feel no guilt burying you today!” Jonathan growled. 

“By the way,” Dio asked, that taunting tone seeping into his voice. You glanced at him in the corner of your eye. “What ever became of your mustachioed friend with the gaudy hat? Did he run off?”

The three men you didn’t recognize turned their attention towards you, making you step back, eyes narrowing as the tension thickened.

“Dio, I shall confess,” Jonathan said. “It pains me as a gentleman but...I, Jonathan Joestar, am going to kill you, Dio, out of revenge!”

Dio grinned widely, removing a hand from his waist to motion for Jojo. 

“Come then, Jojo,”

Before Jonathan could move forward, a figure stepped up and grabbed his shoulder. “Dire!” He exclaimed. 

“Stand aside, Jojo,” He said. “My time to exact revenge is now. Zeppeli and I went through two decades of harsh training together. Dio, I shall send you to the depths of hell!”

“Wait!” Jonathan called. “Dio had hidden abilities!”

As Dire stepped forward, his image began to blur, almost as if you were drunk, and seeing doubles. “So this is what you humans can do with enough training,” Dio mused as he jumped into the air. “I have surpassed all men in the span of one night!”

Your eyes narrowed as Dio went to dodge the man’s attack, but Dire’s feet spread Dio’s arm’s apart. His arms crossed over his chest as golden sparks covered his forearms and hands. 

“Ha! You fell for it, fool!”

You jumped on the edge of the railing, kicking off as you drew your sword. Dire gasped in surprise as you drove the sword into the side of his throat. His eyes went wide with shock, lips parting as blood gurgled up his throat and in his mouth before falling over his lips. The sparks on his hands and arms died out. 

“No,” Dio grinned as you removed the sword from his neck and watched as his body fell back. “You fell for it, fool.”

“Y-Y/n?!” Jonathan said as you dropped on the ground in front of Dio and slashed your blade in the air, swiping the blood from it onto the ground at his feet before sheathing it again. 

“Y-you’re alive?” Speedwagon exclaimed, eyes wide. 

“You’re all idiots if you think I’ll let you stand there and go on about revenge, when you don’t even know what the damn word means,” You said as Dio stepped towards you and kicked Dire in the leg, freezing his body instantly, before stomping on him and shattering his body.

"H-he's shattered his body so easily, as if he were made of glass!" Speed wagon gasped, following everyone's shock.

“Why are you doing this?” A man with long black hair said. “You are human, just like us. Why do you associate yourself with such a monster?”

Your eyes narrowed, e/c sparking with anger. “The only monster’s I’m looking at, are the lot of you. You’re all filthy, putrid people.”

“What’s gotten into you, Vex?” Speedwagon asked. Dio’s arm curled around your waist as he pulled you closer to him, away from Speedwagon, who had begun to move towards you. Speedwagon gasped. 

“I realized how fucked up the roles really are,”