Miracles

Shelter, he had to find shelter. He struggled against the wind, frost crawling up his fingertips, racking his body with violent shivers.

He did not give in however, and continued to scramble across the snowy landscape. It was not long until he found it, a cave, the darkness of the entrance yawning black in the vast whiteness.

He trudged to it, and once inside, he was finally able to rest, placing down Amethyst carefully on the cold stone, his jacket still wrapped tightly around her.

A fire sputtered to life, and he sat close to it, warming his hands. He sat in silence for hours, with only the sound of Amethyst' ragged breaths beside him.

"Grand Pabbie..." A voice cracked in the darkness, it was so quiet, almost not even there. He had never heard the voice before, but somehow it seemed familiar...
____________________

Kristoff batted away another wolf, and swung his head back and forth, trying to rid his neck of another one of the snarling beasts.

Anna held a hand to her mouth, trying not to cry. She took up a rock, throwing it straight for a wolf attempting to scramble up the boulder. It was a fairly heavy rock, and it slammed onto the wolf's front paw, making it pop. The wolf squealed in fear and limped off, skidding into a tree.

Anna breathed hard. How could there be so many of them? For every two Kristoff beat another four came growling from behind the boulders and trees.

Kristoff was weakening, Anna could see it. He was panting loudly, his breaths raking up his throat, and he had two big wounds on his shoulder and head.

He kept fighting, despite his obvious pain, until finally, a particularly big wolf pounced straight onto his back, knocking the wind from him and making him fall to the ground with a resounding bang.

Anna screamed. Without thinking, she jumped from the boulder onto Kristoff, shielding him from any further damage.

As the wolves canines were about to rip through Anna's coat, a blinding light blasted in the sky.

They had been fighting for hours, and it had already gotten dark, but the jet black sky was drowned out by the pooling colors of the northern lights.

The strong presence of the spirits frightened the last of the wolves, and they scampered off, tails between their legs.

Anna didn't notice them gone, and was still tight in a ball on Kristoff's back, unaware of the ribbons of color above her, descending in great symphonies of scarlet, amber, emerald, and cerulean.

Something caressed Anna, finally making her crack an eye open. I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, she thought.

A shadow of a woman held Anna's chin high, and she looked into the young woman's frightened eyes. Her own softened.

Do not be afraid... Anna could hear the woman's voice clear and strong, but her lips remained still.

You have both proven your love, and you will be blessed...

The warm colors from the sky threaded down like silk, and enveloped Kristoff, plucking him from the earth and raising high into the air.

Anna slid off Kristoff, and was left on all fours on the ground, looking up in complete awe.