Part Eight: The Tempest

"So," he said, looking eager to find the answers. I hesitated at first, wondering if I could trust Calvin and his twins because I never shared my word with any other men other than Dominic. And I didn't know the exact consequences if I lent that same trust to any other man. "You can trust us, Mary Jane, because I believe that's what neighbors do, right?"

I bit my tongue, having second thoughts. Before I averted my eyes away from his stare, "I need to find Emily. May I go now?" I asked, avoiding his question. His eyes narrowed, and I suddenly tensed, fearing that he wouldn't let the discussion slip thoroughly.

"Are you friends with Dominic?" he pressed further, creating doubts in his thoughts. I looked at his eyes hesitantly; perhaps a yes and no wouldn't damage my privacy. I pressed my lips before I nodded and spoke up.

"Yes,"

"That's what I wanted to hear. And yes, you may go now." Calvin smirked, looking like he had just found a secret. I became nervous, confused at the manner that he had just shown. But he opened the closet and covered my eyes, leading me throughout their room.

"Farewell," Calvin bid as I stepped outside the room before he leaned in and whispered intentionally. And I hope that my brothers and I will have the chance to see you again." He finally said before closing the door. I remained standing on my spot, nervous and afraid to go back inside, when I felt someone staring at me, turning my head around.

There's a guy leaning on the wall, dressed in his complete uniform, with raven hair that illuminates against the rays of light hanging at the ceiling, Covering his dark gray eyes and thick eyelashes. His features resembled Dominic's, and I focused my stare to see if the guy was him when Emily called my name with Luca by her side.

"Mary Jane, I'm so sorry I left you. I just took my purse to Luca's. I hope you don't mind," Emily chewed her lips, looking warily.

"Um, no, it's fine. I completely understand, and don't worry because everything's fine," I rolled on, distracted by the guy and Emily at the same time. Her eyes narrowed, and she held either of my arms.

"Are you alright? You seem off the top," she said worriedly before I nodded and smiled softly. Emily observed me for a couple more seconds, and then the guy took his leave.

SIR ALFRED REMINDED me to attend his tutor after the last period when we met in the hallway. I gathered my things needed for English class and had second thoughts about whether I should borrow the Tempest book at the library. Esmeralda reapplied her lip gloss, constantly glancing in my direction before she put the cosmetics back in her purse.

"You looked pale today. Is something wrong?" she asked worriedly, putting her necessities inside her locker.

"I'm alright. There's just something strange that happened this morning," I muttered under my breath, closing my locker before we proceeded to the classroom.

"Strange?" She pressed, boring her dark red eyes as we walked down the hallway. Can I tell Esmeralda? She's one of my friends. But why did I feel that Dominic was the only one that I trust, could it be that I spent too much time on his place that I frequently forgot that some people can be trusted.

"Last night," I started. "I dreamed that I was trapped in something. And I couldn't breathe; it was like I was drowning without water. Then I woke up, feeling cold and gasping for air before I proceeded to the bathroom---the voice was soft and feminine. I first thought it was Emily calling me, but when I opened the door, no one was in sight. So I became scared and ran off my room." I finished cutting the part when Calvin invited me to their room.

Esmeralda nodded, analyzing the events before she spoke, "Did you tell Emily about it?" Her voice sounded worried and concerned, and I warily shook my head.