We all get to my room, and dad holds the door for me and mom. When we're all in, dad shuts the door and plops down on my bed, care-free. It's obvious he has no idea that he's about to spank me.

"What's going on, Emmy?" He asks with a smile. As soon as he reads my face, he loses his smile. "What's wrong?" His tone is concerned.

"I'm nervous" I chuckle humorlessly.

Dad just nods.

I take a deep breath. "I'm incriminating myself because I'm feeling too guilty. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in big trouble" I say in a rush.

Both mom and dad's faces are a mixture of things...Surprise, confusion, nervous, apprehensive.

"I, uh, I snuck out last week. In the middle of the night" I say, looking at the floor.

Complete silence

I look up and see that mom and dad are sharing a look, and then turn to look at me again.

I just stand there, looking at them.

"Keep going" dad says darkly.

I nod. "Owen wanted to take me to this club he found that doesn't check ID's closely. So he got me a fake ID and we went."

Mom and dad are absolutely furious.

"Did you drink?" Dad asks after a minute. I can tell he's trying to keep his voice under control.

I shake my head. "I didn't but Owen did" I say quietly.

Dad nods. "Who drove home?"

"Owen" I'm definitely getting spanked.

"Why didn't you drive home?" Dad asks, getting madder by the second.

"He said he was fine. He only had two beers. We got home no problem."

Dad looks at mom. "I really liked that kid. Not now, though, after he endangered my daughter" he says, standing up and walking over to the window, looking out of it.

I just stand there, waiting.

"What are you expecting to happen?" Dad asks after a minute, still looking out the window.

"I'm expecting to get spanked" I admit.

Dad turns around then and looks at me. He starts to nod. "I'm having a real problem right now, Emma. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't punish my kid if they came clean like you just did. Mom and I would have had absolutely no idea. You would have gotten away with it. Why did you tell us?" He asks.

I look at him and wipe away a tear that fell.

"Sneaking out and going to a club isn't me. I didn't have a good time at all, because I knew how disappointed you would be. I've felt so guilty that I haven't been sleeping. I can't live with the guilt anymore" I say, wiping another tear.

"Damn it" Dad hisses under his breath.

"What do we do, Ellie?" He asks after another minute.

Mom looks from me to dad for several seconds before speaking. "We look past the sneaking out, going to a club, and using a fake ID. We don't punish her at all for that. If we would have found out about it, that would have earned her the paddle. She told us, so we don't punish her for it" she says.

I start to feel optimistic. I start to let out the breath I've been holding for days.

"And letting him drive her home while he had been drinking?" Dad asks, still furious.

"That could have been life or death. She gets spanked for that" mom says quietly.

All hope is gone. Dang it. I knew I was getting spanked.