T h i r t y s i x

Keith couldn't fall asleep as he laid on the couch with everyone sleeping around him from the movie they played. Megan slept on the floor with her blanket and a couch pillow as Shiro slept on the other couch sitting up, al went home as he and Keith were the only ones left conscious. Lance slept on keiths chest with his arms wrapped around keiths torso, the shorter boy laid on his back as he had a hand on Lances hair.

The movie was long over as he zoned out stroking the back of Lances nape, his hair was soft and smelt like coconut.

"Stop the bleeding! Get him to the infirmary!" A deep voice yelled as alarms were going off around keith.

He laid in the pilots seat in the black lion, blood running down the side of his head and down his nose, he couldn't move as his violet eyes were hooded half way closed. He felt a large hand on his shoulder and a dark figure in front of him.

"Sh...shiro?"

"Paladin can You here me?" The figure held the sides of his head to steady him as keith couldn't keep himself up.

"Shiro?" He rasped and his eyes darted down seeing a piece of metal impaled his side.

"stay awake soldier, your going to get help," he told him sternly and Keith screamed when the metal was taken out of his flesh.

His arms tightened around lance as keiths jaw trembled. He remembered how bad his crash was and the first time he met the blades, other galra that fought against their own race, they embraced him for those six months he was founded and was alone.

He hated being alone again.

He hated knowing he could've changed the future if he fought, if he was stronger, better.

He hated his present. That his team-no his family was gone, the first people that treated him like he was more than just a soldier, they trusted each other like a team but loved each other like family. He missed them.

"Hey, you okay?"

Keith gasped seeing Lances head turned to face him, soft blue eyes looking at him, lance reached up and wiped a tear off keiths face he didn't even know was there.

"What's wrong?" Lance mumbled closing his eyes again laying his head on keiths chest, listening to his heart.

"Sorry, I just got lost in my thoughts," Keith whispered running his hand through Lances hair again.

"Bout what?" Lance asked softly.

"How I was found after the battle from Zarkon, the last battle," he breathed and lance looked back at him.

"What happened?" The Paladin asked resting his chin on top of Keith.

"I crashed on some planet, there was metal in my stomach from the crash, I think I was shot down or something, the blades of marmora found me," he explained quietly as lance listened.

"All I could think of was where any of you were, I didn't know that we lost until I was told that you all were dead," Keith swallowed a lump in his throat.

"Not until I found shiro, and I found You," he looked at the ceiling feeling the tears burn in the corner of his eyes.

"I guess our stories are pretty similar," lance sighed burying his face in keiths neck and hung onto him tighter.

"Yea probably," Keith smiled. He's never had this much physical touch probably since his dad passed, holding each other so often, sleeping in each other's arms almost every night on the couch.

"I want to go to bed," lance whispered.

"Then go to bed," Keith frowned.

"Come with me?" He sat up and looked down at keith calmly.

"That's weird," Keith said flatly.

"Please? I don't like sleeping alone," he pursed his lips and stood up. Keith agreed at that knowing of Lances nightmares.

He went to Lances room but looked back seeing Lance pick Megan off the ground and put her on the couch instead so shiro wouldn't be alone in the living room when he woke up. The Cuban followed Keith in his room and yawned flopping on the bed.

"Is it weird we sleep with each other?" Keith blushed a little rubbing the back of his neck.

"I use to snuggle hunk, but it was like one every other week, the man was a heater," lance smiled at him.

"If it makes you uncomfortable we don't have too, I totally get it man," he looked at him concerned now seeing Keith staring at the ground.

"No," Keith flopped on him as lance giggled a little hugging him.

"I've never been use to physical touch, I like it," he buried his face in Lances chest holding onto his shirt as they both laid on their sides.

"It's just we spend every night together and all... I didn't know if it was weird or not," he mumbled touching his forehead to Lances collar bone.

"I think it might just be a way we're healing, I don't think I'd be okay if I didn't find you," lance gently touched the back of keiths head.

"I need You Keith," he whispered closing his eyes and pressed his nose to his hair.

Keith leaned into Lances touch as he felt sleep dozing in and out of his consciousness, he loved this, he loved feeling needed by someone, that he mattered. He loved lance.

His eyes snapped opened at that thought. Lance was snoring above him as he had both arms holding Keith close to his chest. He couldnt fight sleep much longer but all he could think about was how he felt for him...