Chapter 19 - The dance

Start from the beginning

I didn't know what to say as the blood shot into my face, but Tae did. 

"What are you talking about? She looks great, am I not allowed to look? We had a little disagreement last week. It happens."

He really did sound reasonable. 
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

They didn't look totally convinced but dropped the matter. 

The dance was already going strong as we entered. 
People were swinging and laughing, the music loud and reaching to all corners of the large open baseball field. 
And yes- there was definitely alcohol somewhere, because more than one student crossed us who was no longer able to walk a straight line and mumbled nonsense.  

People's head turned as we walked to the dance floor. 
We had a kind of reputation. 
When we entered the party, the fun really started. 

And you should see us dance. 
Hoseok popped off to the beat and so did Jungkook and Jimin, yelling happy and free as they showed their moves. 
Jin and Namjoon got the drinks, while Yoongie made his way over to the DJ's desk. 

There was no one who owned sicker beats or had better taste. When he played music, the masses freaked. 

Tae took my hand and lead me into the dance. He knew how to swing his hips.
But even better, he knew how much I could. 
He'd watched me dance so many times, he knew my limits better than I did. 

I laughed and let go, trusting Taehyung completely. 
At one point he pulled me close, my body colliding with his. 
"Do you have any idea how crazy you make me in that dress?"

He pushed me away and into a swirl before I could answer, then pulled me close again in the rhythm of the beat.
His breath was hot on my ear, his voice throaty and thick with desire. 

"I was one step away from ripping it off you earlier. I probably would have if Namjoon hadn't interrupted."

My face was on fire, my body oversensitive.
I felt every touch; every stroke of his hands against my skin. 
We danced like there was no tomorrow until we were so out of breath, Taehyung pulled us aside to get something to drink. 

We were all smiles as we drank, looking for the others. 
We saw them at the edge of the dance field, huddled together around a fire, waving us over. 
We liked to mingle, but also kept to ourselves. 
We almost made it over when we heard the shout. 

"YOU!" 

Both our heads snapped to the side at the same time. 
And then my heart sank. 
It was none other than my Ex: Chung-Ho. 

And he was drunk. 

His face was red, his nose runny and his eyes unfocused as he stumbled closer, a bottle with hard liquor spilling from his shaky grip. 

We were far enough from the party to be out of earshot- but our group wasn't. 
"Is that Chung-Ho?" I heard Yoongi ask as he stood a little straighter. 

My stomach churned. 
I turned to the drunken boy. 

"Chung-Ho. You're drunk. How about you'll go back to the party?"
He ignored me, so I put myself in his way. 

I was nothing but a hinderance to him as he pushed me to the side, harder than he probably intended in his state. 
I fell to the ground, hitting the floor hard.
There were six angry shouts. 

Chung-Ho ignored them, stepping closer.
"You fucking asshole!"

It's like I wasn't even there for him when he stepped around me. 
He only had eyes for Tae- the only one who had said nothing.