seventeen | layups

c h a p t e r : 1 7

'Vacation!',  Ahana exclaimed to herself while packing the maths book and stationery she would be taking with herself to her vacation in Kufri.

She couldn't contain the excitement and shrieked in glee. Ploping on the chair, she  started swirling whilst sitting on it.

After packing her winter clothes, and other necessities she went out of her room in the drawing-room, where he found her mother watching some cooking-reality show,  accompanied by Mehak, her younger sister, she joined them too.

Soon it was dinner time, all the four members of the Shah family (Ahana's family) were seated at the dining table filled with dishes containing their dinner.

"So...when are we leaving? ", asked an excited Mehak with a big smile on her face.

Ahana looked up from her plate to her sister then at her parents, "After some days...I guess", her father answered to which she looked at him to add further.

"There is some emergency need for me in the company, regarding the new branch opening of the company. They are saying if everything goes well, they might transfer me there, with a higher post than this one and more pay", he explained.

Ahana's mother nodded in understanding but it filled Ahana with dread, transferring of her father meant transferring of them which meant a new school, new life, and new friends.

But then it was just a presumption, 'it better be', she thought to herself.

Ahana dribbled the ball from one side of the court to the other side and shot the ball in the basket doing a layup/lap shot.

(a two-point shot attempt made by leaping from below, laying the ball up near the basket, and using one hand to bounce it off the backboard and into the basket)

The ball went through the basket and landed on the ground with a thud, she turned behind when she saw someone through her peripheral vision and her heart started doing somersaults. Despite this, she smiled, "Hey, wanna play?"

Ayaan was a little surprised when the girl in front of him asked him to play with her, they didn't even know each other but he agreed nonetheless, "sure", and Ahana threw the ball at him, assuming he was Ishaan, to start the game while on the other side Ishaan was at home talking to Saloni on a phone call.

"So let's meet at 'Blueberries' cafe then, 10 a.m. okay?", asked Saloni.

"Y-yeah fine", Ishaan replied.

And then they ended the call by bidding bye and good night to each other.

Ishaan looked at the clock, 9:45 p.m. it read, he thought of going for a walk since the night was suitable for one. He knocked on Ayaan's door to see it was opened and there was no one, he went downstairs to see his parents watching the news together.

"Maa, do you know where Ayaan is? "

His mother moved his attention to him, "He went for a walk ", she answered.

Ishaan nodded in understanding and asked, "Can I go too? "

"Yeah but don't go far away and be back at", she looked at the clock," 10", she approved.

And went Ishaan to have an experience of this beautiful March night unaware that his twin brother, Ayaan was playing basketball with Ahana, who was as unaware as Ishaan thinking the boy playing with her was Ishaan and the same was the case with Ayaan.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

the absurdity of the situation is making me laugh, I am waiting for the moment when all of them realize, I can already imagine their bewildered expression. So my readers stay tuned and give your opinions on this plot-twist.