thirty four | grateful smiles

c h a p t e r: 34

Ringgggg!Ringgggg

"So our class ends here.....", the teacher trailed on but Ishaan left listening to him midway.

His attention was on something else and this thing was under the desk causing a frown to appear between Ishaan's dark eyebrows. He touched the thing once again and then slide it towards himself so that he could get a view.

A chocolate. He looked beside him to find Saloni busy writing the homework down so he oh-so-slowly slid it inside the front pocket of his bag and zipped it up.

"Ishaan?", Saloni asked.

He looked up from his bag to Saloni in questioning," When is your birthday?", she asked.

At this, Ishaan smiled knowingly and raised his left eyebrow at her.

"What?", Saloni asked with a smile on her, hidden behind the face mask.

"13 August", he answered.

Saloni nodded while whispering 13 August, "It's three weeks from now on", she calculated.

"He is coming on the 5th", Ishaan informed knowing how ecstatic she would be knowing this, after which the final bell rang.

Saloni got up from her seat and rushed towards Ahana who was as eager as Saloni.

"You sent your poems?", came Aditya's voice from beside him who was holding his bag on his right shoulder casually leaning before his desk.

Ishaan nodded and voiced his insecurity, "I am not sure though", and slung his bag on his shoulders while getting up.

"Stop overthinking bro, those poems are amazing. I am sure they will contact you", Aditya supported and Ishaan shot one of his grateful smiles before joining the departing queue.

Ishaan was done with his homework, he closed the notebook and put it inside his back when he remembered about the chocolate but didn't go for the front pocket of his bag.

He first went to the door and looked outside to hear a spatula hitting the pan, detecting his mother was busy in the kitchen he went inside his room and closed the door but didn't lock it.

He took out the chocolate and started examining it as if it was an unclaimed bag in the middle of a crowded place but that wasn't the situation since 'Caught You Chotu and Thank You for the Gems' was written with a black marker on the violet packet of the chocolate bar and he knew who was the sender and for some reason, he smiled. Chotu.

'I guess I need some basketball practice' he thought to himself but first, he needed to make sure that the one for whom he was planning to go would be there as well since Periodic Tests were around the corner.

He took his phone out and went to Ahana's contact and tapped on the message icon.

'Wanna play basketball today?', his thumb hovered over the send icon but after contemplating for some seconds he tapped on it.

You
Wanna play basketball today?
6:55 p.m.

He stared at the chat window for some moments and wished that she says yes.

˖

⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

I wonder what's happening