Nine months later my son was born and miraculously we all four became close friends.

Blake is nine-months-old. Sophia and I have been married for a year and five months.

I love them both to death.

*****

"Mr. Robinson," Mr. Savant began in the meeting. He was head of the accounting firm in my building. "Kim Wong has asked that you visit her, in Singapore to discuss the transaction."

"How long do you think that will take?" I asked in a mature tone, tapping my pen on my paperwork. It was just Mr. Savant and I in the meeting room.

"No more than a week."

"Why a week?"

"She's currently visiting with family, it being the New Years and all. She gave a window of possible availability. That window begins tomorrow. I suggest we get on the next flight out of here."

I looked out the window. I never like these business trips. It takes me away from Sophia and Blake. And sometimes abruptly like now.

"Alright fine, whatever. I'll call up Sofia now." Mr. Savant nodded and left the room. I pulled out my phone and walked over to the white window.

"Hey, baby," I heard Sophia's sweet voice over the line.

"Hi, darling." I smiled.

"What's up?"

I took in a deep breath. "I have to fly out of Seattle as soon as possible to Singapore to close a deal."

"Oh! Don't go yet. Blake and I are almost to the office."

"What?"

"We wanted to surprise you. Visit with you for lunch."

"That is so thoughtful."

"Well now I'm glad I decided this because now I find out you're leaving! Flip!" I chuckled.

"I'm sorry, baby."

"No, no. This is work. I understand, just don't leave until we get there and can kiss you goodbye."

"You got it." She made a kissy noise on the other end and I returned it.

"I love you, Harry."

"I love you, too, Soph." We hung up and I found myself unable to wipe off the smug look on my face.

I had such a loving and devoted wife I was surprised women like her still existed in this day and age.

I went to my office and began packing the necessary paperwork. I also always had extra suits in a closet thanks to Sophia who likes to replenish the stock after every business trip. I had everything packed and suggested that Mr. Savant run home quickly and pack up all that he needed.

He and I were ready but there was no sign of Sophia and Blake. It had been half an hour since she and I ended our call. I knew the drive between home and the office wasn't half an hour. And she had said that she was almost here.

We waited a little longer until my phone rang. I picked it up and got the news that no human being ever wants to get, especially not over a phone call.

*****

*Josie*

I placed a dainty hand on Harry's drenched arm. The rain was pouring down on us and I wondered if the storm would ever let up. I wore a black dress that was unappealing and held onto an umbrella. Harry had his pale hands cupped together in front of him as he allowed his body to most likely go numb. It was the middle of January and below freezing.

"Harry," I softly began, "I ... our home is open to you when you need it." I kissed his cold cheek and prayed to God above to comfort him. I went to walk away, being the second to last person here, until I heard my ex-husband speak.

"Josie, I want to die." I whipped around and gripped my arms around Harry. My umbrella was collecting rain inside of it and I knew Ryan was waiting patiently for me in the car.

"Harry," I said through tears, "she wouldn't want that." I buried my face into his wet suit coat. He wasn't wearing a jacket. "She'd want you to take care of yourself, love yourself."

"But ... " before I knew it, Harry was crying. He fell to his knees and I sunk with him. "Why did they have to be taken from me so suddenly?"

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to. I lost my mom and my step mom unexpectedly and that was hard on me, but ... I couldn't bare losing Ryan and Andy. I have no idea what Harry is going through. He loved Sophia so much. And he adored his son, Blake.

"God hates me." He declared.

"He doesn't hate you."

"Then why—" he choked on his words and buried his face in his hands.

"Harry, listen to me. No one knows His plans but God prepares our hearts for new beginnings."

"This is the end of me, Josie!" He cried. I was speechless.

"Please," I mustered though tears of my own, "just don't take your life. I'll hate you if you do."

"I hate Him." Harry said in a quiet tone, I barely heard him say it. I knew who he was talking about. They are such easy words to say. And in the state Harry is in, it's understandable.

I sat up and shoved Harry's face into my chest. I stroked his soaked dark hair, looking black. He was shivering. But I knew better that it wasn't from wearing wet clothes.

"This life ... " he began, "this life is useless and meaningless."

The End
(For real this time)

Thank you so much for reading. I know I dragged it on but I have a really good idea for the second book. I know this book was pretty messed up but I warned you even in the title of this book. Book #2 is called "Your Typical Billionaire Love Story." If you like the cliches and cheesiness, that is the book for you.

I do want to confess though that Josie and Harry were originally going to break up before I even posted the first chapter. But I actually tried scratching the idea and wrote an ending chapter where they did end up together and Josie never got back with Ryan. I didn't like it and thought it was too abrupt. So I reverted back to my original plan.

Another insight: Harry was supposed to end up with Liza before I posted the first chapter. I scratched that idea twice and my third idea ended up being the finishing product. She is in the second book. Is it about her? No, no it is not.

The second book is about Harry and someone new.

I know this story is sad but I wanted to write the beginning of Harry's sad past to set the stage for the second book.

Synopsis:

Morgan Lee wants to get reacquainted with her real mom after having to be forced into the foster care system at the age of nine. Now twenty-one-years-old and fresh out of business school, Morgan applies to work at the multibillionaire-earning company Robinson Incorporation in Washington State where her mother lives in hopes to keep the company from destroying her mother's apartment complex. Only to find herself working for the rudest and most aloof man in the world.

Harry Robinson is haunted by the past and has resorted to sex and alcohol to get thought and feeling out of him when it comes to the memories. Now a multibillionaire, Harry strives to keep life simple and void of emotion and attachments, afraid that what has already happened, might repeat itself. But then a new employee comes into the picture and begins to ruin all he has built up since that dreadful day.

You don't have to read that one if you don't want to. But if you want to see Harry and Josie again and where they're at in the near future, then go on ahead and read this. I'm positive you'll love it.

Again, thank you for reading! I really appreciate all the support and the fact that you read till the end.