Theo's face hardened, "F-friend? Ethaline do you realize who you befriended?" He asked in a hushed tone as someone walked by. "Your parents—your father—" he couldn't even make out the words.

Ethaline looked down, not sure what to say. She couldn't talk about her father, especially if it was to deny his beliefs. "I was just lonely...and I wanted to talk to someone." She said quietly.

Theo's face softened, "And why didn't you come to me?"

Ethaline scoffed lightly, "Because you wouldn't understand—"

"Then make me!" He said exasperated, "Make me understand Ethy because I can't go another day not speaking to you—it's killing me." He finally said, "The days are...are gray without seeing your pretty little smile please just make me understand."

Ethaline shook her head, "You won't understand, and it isn't your fault." She said sincerely, "And I forgive you...for what happened. I would also really appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about him...it isn't definite. It was just a—a momentary lapse in judgment." She lied, not liking the words coming out of her mouth.

She didn't mean it.

She was lying.

Theo's face softened, "You mean it?" He asked, inching closer as she nodded.

No.

"Yes," she whispered, "Now can we go back to being friends? I missed you." She admitted, her eyes meeting his as he nodded.

"I'd like nothing more." He said, wrapping his arms around her and placing a kiss on her forehead. "I love you Ethy."

Ethaline tensed as she held him, "We'll be late for the last challenge!" She suddenly remembered, her eyes growing in realization as she pulled away.

Theo chuckled, "Let's get you a proper change of clothes for this weather and we'll head down together". He said before leading them both up.

A burning sensation in the pit of his stomach formed while he had watched both Theodore and Ethaline speak only a couple feet away, their conversation on full display for him. He hated Theo, he hated how easily he had been brushed off. Harry felt a slight pant in his chest when he heard her say he was a temporary lapse in judgment. That he was nothing but a mistake. He furrowed his eyebrows as he shook his head, she was a Malfoy...what did he expect. He thought as he shoved aside the heartache and met with Neville.

Neville aided him in getting Gillyweed to breathe underwater and now he found himself staring at the dark abyss that was the Black Lake. People behind him cheered and in the front row as always was Draco and—

Harry furrowed his eyebrows; Ethaline wasn't there with him and Theo was there which meant she was alon—focus Harry. Focus.

Draco glared at Theo, "Where is my sister? She was last with you." He demanded.

Theo shrugged, "She said she was called to the office beforehand." He said as Draco nodded skeptically. To anyone with eyes it was not hard to see that Theo Knott fancied Ethaline. Most of his girlfriends resembled her in a sort of way, for example when he had his little fling with Lavender Brown it because of her hair.

Then he had something with Sabrina Neffle, she was born in February and had a liking for dogs as well. Bits and pieces of Ethaline often found themselves in other people but never the whole thing. Never the one he truly liked.

Meanwhile Harry had hoped he would see his friends beforehand, but when they didn't show he felt his heart ache once again. Today was full of disappointments, he thought as he waited for the man to announce for them to start.