Ch 1

My granmama pased away when I was six year old in my birthday. Exactly three years later my grandpa did so too.

What I know of her, I know thanks to the stories my grandpa told me. Him I remember well and fondly despite the tide of time.

Grandpa Matteo was a traveler in his youth, and he met granmama Hilda when visiting the Kingdom she lived in - the same I was born in. By the time they married she had long lost her last living relative and he choose to take her surname so it would not be lost.

Granmama Hilda's family had been a long stirpe of the Kingdom's Knights and she went on to become that, trying to make her ancestors proud. They had two sons and one daughter: my father, the older; my uncle Milo, the second, whom became a farmer; and my aunt Zoe, who was a shrine maiden for the longest time.

When my father was twenty-one years old he met my mother; she was also a traveler, but fell in love with him and stayed in the Kingdom for him. She became a musketter, and within three years she had risen through the ranks, first as a scholar and lately as the Gurú of the Scholars -musketeers are the base rank- when I was like two years old.

I was their second daughter, born four years after Shirley, and five years before my brother Elyon.

Now I'll try to recount the history of the Rostand, from Hilda and Matteo to their descendants; my siblings and my cousins and our own daughters and sons.