23. Mistletoe Madness

Depuis le début

I decide to wear red plaid PJs for the night. Once I'm done, King goes to take a shower and I wait on the bed playing a game on my phone.

"Finally," I exasperate once he's out of the bathroom. His hair wet, it drips with water. He's wearing a plain black pair of PJs. "You're so boring."

"What? You don't like them?" he looks at himself.

"A little dull for the holidays, don't you think?"

"Don't worry I have more festive ones for the rest of the days," he laughs displaying his dimples.

"I hope so," I say. "Let's go downstairs."

I don't wait for him and run downstairs. I hear him following me.

"Hi," I smile at Raven who's sitting next to Jaxson. "Where's everyone?"

"Astrid and Grayson went to get groceries while the boys went out to go play in the snow," Jaxson says. We have two cars in the garage so they probably took one of them. We have housekeepers that check up on the cabin and the cars a few times every month so that we know it's safe to use whenever we want. It's the same with any other house we own in different cities around the world.

The cabin is pretty big. It's a modern-day cabin with large glass walls. The living room has three giant couches with a fire pit in the middle and a projection screen. There's also a pool table and a giant dining table in the living room. The kitchen is in the same room on a higher platform for contrast.

There are three bedrooms downstairs and three upstairs all of them with their own bathrooms. We've come here a few times with mom and dad as it's a family cabin, but it's the first time we've come here without them.

"Oh," I say taking a seat on the couch across from them. King sits down next to me and I lean my head on his shoulder. Raven and King get along pretty well since they knew each other from before. The only new person is Astrid, but I think she's fitting in just fine.

"Yo guys, come out here!" We hear Roman yell from the backyard. We all look at each other and decide to go check it out.

Jaxson takes the lead with Raven next to him. King and I leisurely walk behind them. When Jaxson slides open the back door, a gush of cold wind comes in.

"Baby, it's cold," Raven shivers pressing herself into Jaxson. I take King's hand shivering as well. The lights are on in the deck, but we don't see anyone. Barefoot, my feet freeze on the floor.

"Where are you?" Jaxson yells as he stares out into the forest. It's too dark to see beyond the deck, but the snow is nearly three to four feet deep.

I hear a loud whoosh then snow splatters off Jaxson onto the rest of us.

"Oh my God!" Raven and I shriek. I take my hand out of King's and wipe the snow off of myself. We turn around to run inside, but Astrid locks the door from the inside.

"Open the door!" Raven yells.

"Sorry!" Astrid yells pointing behind us. We turn around and find Grayson, Aaron, Landon and Roman all lined up with snow in their hands.

Before we can protest, they start throwing snowballs at us and we all scurry trying to run away from them. It's so cold that my whole body feels numb after a few minutes. I see Raven starting to throw snowballs back and I decide to fight back too.

"Two can play this game!" I yell as I dig into the snow and form a ball out of it. I aim at Aaron and get him in the face. "Bingo!"

They're wearing proper snow attire so it's not as cold for them as it is for us so we're at a disadvantage.