dec 24 (p.II)

I couldn't sleep at all that night, I was completely excited for my wedding day, looking forward to take abby's hands in mine and swearing eternal love to the woman I loved the most in the world.

I was so excited and nervous at the same time that I couldn't sleep all night but think about how our wedding would look like.

When the alarm went off in the morning, I literally jumped out of bed and quickly walked over to the closet where I was supposed to get my dress.

My hands were literally shaking with emotion and I couldn't help but be a little bit nervous.

I had arranged for Rindy to go to Abby's house to help her with the wedding preparations, after all she was her best friend.

I slowly sat down at the dressing table and smiled happily taking deep breathe to relax.

"Calm down Carol, everything will go good" I said looking at myself in mirror.

In these moments I longed for Abby's calm and patience, she did not easily get anxious, she was very calm when it was needed and she gave me a lot of security, instead I, well I was very anxious and I needed her not to be, without her I would be lost already.

I should have stayed calm for her, she would have been proud of me, after a lot of people were judging us for our age gap, our love was pure, Abby was always trying to calm me and convince me to avoid people's words, she was an angel.

I slowly got up from my chair to get to the plastic covering my suit;

Abby knew I was in love with them and had allowed me to wear one on our wedding day.

It was a white suit, with a white lace train that fell back, just like those large, bulky wedding dresses.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My hair was gathered in a small low bun, from which some rebellious tufts fell;

Abby had always said she loved my curls, but she would have been curious to see my hair in a bun, well, what better time to show it to her

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Abby had always said she loved my curls, but she would have been curious to see my hair in a bun, well, what better time to show it to her.

My makeup was darker than usual, initially I was afraid that Abby would not like it and would find it excessive, I was actually terrified of it, but when I noticed that it was not as dark as I thought I took a sigh of relief, I was definitely very anxious, Abby was right.

I looked in the mirror one last time absently, already imagining what our wedding would be like and trying to imagine what Abby's look would be even though I already knew she would be just perfect, as always so finally for a moment I stopped worrying and all my thoughts flown away, that was her special power.

I took a deep breath and walked to the exit of my old house, from the time Abby and Rindy were home for the preparations, and as they say, it's bad to see the bride before the wedding, so well, I spent a little while time between the old memories and I realized that my life before Abby was monotonous and sad, made of uncertainties and as it seemed impossible, of insecurities, but, immediately after her arrival things suddenly changed, she was my security.

I opened the door walking out, I couldn't wait to finally hear those words that would have finally showed the world that love has no sex, gender or age, it was blind and it can catch you without any warning