Christmas Special: The Case of the Missing Gifts and Kids Part V

Start from the beginning

"Who is he?" Felicine asked as soon as Aviela stood next to her. The latter sat beside the middle aged man and observed him with her scrutinizing eyes. 

"The owner, Mr. Geordo Stewart." Aviela replied without looking at her. I was right! This man is the owner of the orphanage. I didn't know him until now, since our client didn't introduced us to him. 

"Do you think he's asleep?" I asked Aviela. I sat down on the opposite side where she is sitting and looked at the face of the owner. Felicine darted a glance at Aviela first before me and looked back at the sleeping man. 

Aviela just shrugged her shoulders as a response. Felicine stood up and walked away from where we are. My gaze followed her. She went to Eudayme's direction. Eudayme was holding his head and his expression reflects of those who are dizzy.

"The world's... spinning." And Eudayme collapsed on the floor. He's just pretending. 

Felicine quickly came to his side, worried but Akhaya gestured his hand, telling Felicine to stop. He then mouthed "Just pretending." to Felicine. I know how to lip read so I know what did Akhaya mouthed to her.

Felicine nodded at him. She went to Eudayme and started to caress his hair. "Eudayme? Eudayme?" she repeatedly called Eudayme's name in a worried tone. I bet Eudayme is enjoying this moment.

"Aray ko!" Eudayme was touching his forehead. Felicine slapped his forehead, by the way. "Why? What was that for?"

I averted my attention from them. Now is not the time to observe their business. I looked at the owner. I tickled his left ear while Aviela whispered some words to the owners other ear. 

I smirked and raised my gaze to Aviela, she was also looking at me, smirking. I guess we have the same idea in mind. She truly deserve the title despite being childish. 

"Taksil!" We both looked at Eudayme. He was pointing his index finger at Akhaya whose hands are on the air. He must have notice that Akhaya gave Felicine a tip.

Goosebumps suddenly appeared from my whole body. I feel like someone was staring at me, with their deadly eyes. I roamed my eyes around and saw the person giving me the deadly glares. There's only one person who will give me such look. I smirked at him.

"Guys! Tingnan natin sila ma'am Jean sa labas." I heard Felicine suggested. Aviela immediately stood up, nodding.

"Great suggestion." She said and went to Chris' side. His eyes were still locked to mine. "Chris, let's go. Baka matunaw si Cali diyan sa kakatitig mo."

I don't mind him looking at me. In fact, I might enjoy every one last look coming from him. Be it proudly or deadly, that doesn't matter.

My companions started to leave the kitchen with Chris and Aviela leading the way. I was the last one to leave the kitchen.

What was the reason why the culprit bothered to create this case? Why did they decided to do it while there was a scheduled program? Why did they involve the sponsors' kids? Why the gifts? Where are the kids?

Ugh! So many questions! But the main question is, what benefit will the culprit get from doing this?

"Cali!" Eudayme called me. He caught up to my pace. "Both their client and our client receive a letter after their kids disappeared."

"What does it says?"

"25 million pesos in exchange for your kids. Continue the program, I want to see the children enjoy their last moment." He said. "It went something like that."

I put my hands into my pockets and looked down. So it's a kidnap for ransom, eh? Then why the kids? And why did the culprit put the orphans as well as the staffs to sleep?

"Thanks." I thanked him for the information. "Aviela and I also got a paper revealing the word Boom from a crane shaped bush."

"Boom? Bomba na naman ba?" He asked, looking dismayed. "Nakakasawa na ah."

We share the same view, Eudayme.

Not long after, we reached the end of the hallway and arrived at the garden. The children were still asleep. Our clients were busy taking care of the unconscious children.

"Kamusta?" A parent asked us. "Okay naman silang lahat. Pero bakit sila nagkaganito?"

"The staffs inside were also put to sleep." Aviela was the one who answered. "Someone put a sleeping pill to their snacks, specifically in the milk."

Both the family gasped out of surprise. "Who would do such a thing?!"

"Guys!" We all looked from our back and saw Eudayme and Felicine running with a paper on her hand. "Look at this. Doon sa may crane bush namin nakita."

She showed us the paper. Written there was a time. 5:30 pm.

"5:30 pm?" Akhaya repeated, looking at his wrist watch. "Isn't it right now?"

BOOM!

My Gangster Detective x Detective Rivalry