four

tw mention of infant death

Over the next week, Nik tried hard to get Saga to forgive him, even as he came home due to not wanting to shame their families Saga wouldn't spare him a glance. She would only tend to their daughter and mutter where she was off to. Today, however, was different.

Saga had gone to fetch water when she came back, she came face to face with a panicked and sobbing Niklaus along with his siblings who all had grave looks on their faces with watery eyes.
"Nik? What's going on?" Saga asked, moving to walk into their house and look at their daughter.
"Saga, it's Tove. She's dead." Nik sobbed holding his wife back from the house.
"What?" She whispered, her voice hoarse from the now steady stream of tears.
"My love-"
"I need to see her." Saga muttered, struggling to get out of his strong grip, "Let me go see her Nik please." She screamed as he refused to let her see their child.
Niklaus hushed her as they both lowered onto the ground due to the weakness of their knees as their sobbing harmoniously weakened both of their bodies. Ether moved past the two of them and moved their child away from the couples' home which now seemed empty with the lack of screams from their daughter.

"Nik?" Saga croaked as she felt an empty bed the next morning, the couple having held each other through the night as they cried over their loss.
"I'm here Saga, Kol brought us some water."
"I need you, Nik. Come back." She whispered, gulping as another sob threatened to tear through her throat.
"I've got you, love. I promise, I will never be so foolish and betray you ever again. I love you." Nik whispered into her hair, holding her as he cried along with her.
"Mother said they are to send her off soon." He muttered unsure of what to do with both of their pain.
"Can we stay here? I can't see it happen. It hurts too much Nik."
"We'll stay here, we can have our own send off tonight under the stars."
"I'd like that." She replied looking at him with a ghost of a smile over her cracked, swollen lips.

"God's please look after our dove, we don't know why you took her but we appreciate the time we had with her." Niklaus said quietly looking at the night sky, where the stars danced.
"I hope she didn't suffer Nik, I couldn't bare it."
"I'm sure it was painless, Saga." He tried to reassure both his wife and himself.
"We should get home, it's far too dark Nik."
"Come on." He said, pulling her home for another night of grieving together.

The couple had slowly began to integrate back into their village and interact with their families again. Saga cried with her sister and mother as well as with Rebekah, she was comforted by Kol and was told kind words by Finn and Elijah. Her father was gone on a hunt, so had yet to hear the news.
The full moon had arrived and Niklaus and Saga went to the Mikaelson's home to wait out the wolves prowling.
Saga had been sleeping when she heard Niklaus' desperate call and realised he was not beside her. Her and Rebekah rushed outside to see Nik holding Henrik, blood upon his shirt, limp bodied.
"Ayana you have to save him!" Esther pleaded with the witch.
"The spirits will not give us a way Esther, your boy is gone."
Niklaus sat on the ground, devastated being held by his wife who was crying for the loss of another loved one, while Rebekah stroked Nik's hair and held tightly onto Saga's hand.

That night, unbeknownst to the family who were all grieving their younger brother in the Mikaelson's house with the exception of Rebekah, Mikael and Esther went to beg Ayana to help them keep their family alive.
"Please Ayana, I implore you. You must call upon the spirits before the full moon." Mikael said to the woman.
"I will not, it's a crime against nature."
"Ayana, we have already lost too much, we cannot lose anymore. The spirits can help us find a way to protect our children." Esther pleaded.
"Everything could be heightened, our family could live forever." Mikael tried to get Ayana to help.
"At what cost? This magic you speak of breeds consequence. This is the makings of a plague, Esther. The spirits will turn on you."
"Please, Ayana."
"I will have no part in it." Ayana said leaving the room.
"If she will not protect our family then it is in your hands alone my love."

"Saga."
"Yes, Niklaus?" She said in a soft tone.
"I ... I am begging for your forgiveness for my betrayal against you and our family. It was a mistake that I can never take back. However, I would like to try and make things right with you."
"Nik-"
"Please, I love only you, my dear. I will never forgive myself for the pain I caused you."
"I love you Nik, but I can never forget."
"I don't wish you to, I only ask that we try."
"Ok Niklaus, but please do not betray me again."